Sweet Brother

I have to share how sweet Rylan was to Madelyn yesterday while she was getting her shots. We went in and I laid Madelyn on the table and took off her pants. Then I sat down a couple feet away and looked away and said, "tell me when it's over." The nurse laughed at me and I am sure thought I was a super whimp. Rylan was standing over Madelyn and I asked him if he wanted to come sit with me or watch Madelyn get her shots. He said he wanted to watch. I didn't want to make him afraid because I was afraid... by sharing how much I hate shots, (ok I tolerate them, i just do not like watching them go in) I just let him stay. After the first one he was rubbing her little head saying, "It's ok Maddy, I am here, you are ok baby." So sweet! He kept on comforting her, and after the nurse was done, she was done crying too because her sweet brother was helping her. I was very proud of him.

Comments

Margaret said…
He IS a sweet brother. Maddy is so lucky.
Gary and Amy said…
So cute!! I loved that story.
Chip Kohrman said…
OHhh... he's such a good big brother!!!

Sweet.
I love his tender heart!
That is the sweetest thing I've heard in awhile! Sweet Rylan! He sure does love his sister! She is very lucky to have such an awesome older brother! You've done very well Leah! and Scott of course!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep