Safety Violation

So, we had a scary little thing happen..well we were able to completely prevent a scary thing from happening lets say that...Rylan was sick this past week and when he is sick he gets to have a little t.v. in his room to pass the time, otherwise he would be all over the house spreading his germs to everyone and not getting better. Anyway I went into his room to check on him and could hear a cracking sound. I looked all around and found that it was coming from the electrical outlet that the t.v. was plugged into. I unplugged the t.v. and it was still making sounds, luckily Scott came home shortly after my discovery and he took of the plate of the outlet and there were sparks, actual sparks coming off the wires! Freaky! So we turned off the power to Rylan's room until we could have a electrician come look at it. He was able to repair the outlet, no problem, but if one of those sparks would have egnited Rylan's bed which was inches away from the outlet...i don't even want to think what could have happened.

Also I have to give a shout out to Scott, he has been working hard to build up our food supply lately (thanks mommy Jody for your encouragement!). Everytime I send him to the store he comes home with loads of stuff to put in there I feel really good now, almost like a sigh of relief. Also we have gone through our budget and gone through it again and found places where we can cut a little here, put a little bit more into savings there. We are preparing for whatever is to come...whatever that is? Could be a natural disaster, a loss of job, a epidemic or disease where you can't leave your house, a neighbor might need it, or it is just nice to have things in your house that you use all the time so you don't have to run to the store at the last minute. So thank you my dear sweet husband.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep