Highlights from our Holiday

Well, we are home from our 2 week holiday vacation! Man, did we have fun! We drove up to Grangeville to be with Scott's parents, Uncle Ken, and Grandma Adah for Christmas.

This is Grandma Adah, or as Rylan calls her, "Adah the Great" because she is one of his many great Grandmas. The blankie that Madelyn is wrapped in is one that her late husband John embroidered and Jody quilted. It has ballerinas on it, with pink and brown fabric. For Christmas Eve we had a seafood buffet and played Dominos.
Around Rylan's bedtime, we opened up one present, we always get new Christmas Eve P.J.'s and these are Rylan's spiderman poses.




The next morning Rylan awoke very excited! It was only about 7:30. Santa had COME!



Scott and I decided that this year we would "try" and make each others gifts. So I tried to be super sneaky but my gift was totally recognizable once it was wrapped. Scott bought these old looking documents this one is the Declaration of Independance, I finally got it put together and framed. I tried to get it customed framed but it was going to be a fortune! So I customized it myself. Then Scott, the little sweetie knows how I have this secret fantasy to be a dancer and I am always trying to dance with him in the kitchen..anyway he framed our Senior Prom pictures (which was our first date) and had engraved on them, "True love starts with a DANCE." He also gave me a couples dancing basics DVD with a voucher that says "meet me every Friday night at 9 p.m. in the family room for private dancing lessons." There was another voucher that said that once we graduated this DVD course, (and he graduated this Spring) we are going to take real dance lessons! Isn't that the best gift ever! I underestimate him sometimes. (Please excuse the greasy hair-no makeup look.)



Here are some other photos from Christmas day and some from our visit with Scott's
family.







My super sister in law Breezi made mom this beautiful table runner, with pinecones and pine trees on it, so I made matching placemats! Now she has a set for her rustic cabin up in the woods.

The day after Christmas we went to the ski/tubing hill in Grangeville! It rocked! Scott went skiing and Rylan and I went tubbing while mom and Madelyn enjoyed watching us from the lodge. I wish I was brave enough to have taken my camera down the sledding hill with us. To get maximum speed I held on to Rylan's tube and often he would be facing me with ultimate delight on his face! I have got to capture it on camera next time. The best part about this hill was that it had a tow that pulled you up the hill! We probably were sledding for about 2 1/2 hours straight!




After Christmas we had planned on going to our cousin Kezia's house in North/Central Washington for New Years, but there were storms forcasted continuously all throughout the state! We were so sad! We had visions of us sipping hot cocoa by the fire with Kezia and Wade watching all the boys sled on their property. Oh man! So we went to Lewiston (it is always warm there) instead and had New Years with them but I didn't get any pictures.

Comments

Super Angie said…
Scott is amazing!!!!! That is one of the best presents I've ever seen in my life! "True Love begins with a dance." I think I'm going to cry because that's so sweet!

Yeah for Snowhaven!!! The Busch family loves to go tubing too.
Margaret said…
I almost started to get tears in my eyes for how sweet Scott's present was to you. What a romantic husband you have! I'm so glad you are back in Utah. We need to get together and play soon.
Scott is a total romantic! By the way Maddie is looking soooo old already! She looks like a little girl. I need to see her again soon!
ok hold on a minute...yes it was a romantic gift, but before you go off on how wonderful Scott is let me tell you that he is still a guy...he still belches loud at dinner, farts in bed, and finds every chance to grope me in public. But it was a great gift...thanks again baby!
Boy I was getting worried for a second--Scott was sounding afully civilized for a Ball scratcher--

Thank you for setting the record straight--

That was a very sweet idea though--It's so nice to celebrate the holidays with your husband!!

The kids are getting too big--I am so very said you weren't able to come--we have had a blast the last couple weeks --The kids were outside today for two hours--when they came in there clothes were frozen on the outside--crazy kids--It was so nice to have a break from the noise so owen could get a nap in --
Hugs to you sweet girl --KK
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas vacation. Wow, I am impressed that Scott did that, I will be telling Paul what a shumck he is.

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep