Southern Utah Day 6:
Yesterday started slow, I woke up with extreme back pain, don't know why? Could it be related to hauling Ian up a mountain a couple days earlier? Or the different bed I have been sleeping on? Don't know but I took some drugs and we finally left about 11:00 for Zion Canyon. We got there ate lunch, and I tried to feed Ian, and he either ate everything and didn't get enough or he wasn't getting anything, but he was ticked! It took us about 10 minutes to calm him down then we chose a hike we could do with the stroller this time along a river. We got about 5 minutes in and the complaining, and crying began. "It is too hot!" (it was about 80) Ughh! I tried to feed Ian again while the kids played in the river. He fell asleep so we went back on the hike only to turn around a couple minutes later, it was hot and windy and just not fun. So we thought that we would take the scenic drive through the park at least. Zion to me seems magical because it is a place that my grandparents hiked and loved. They took some photos on top of the famous "Angels Landing" hike, I love to be there and feel their spirits. My kids did not feel this magic! It was completely disapointing....then the day soon changed when while we were on the completely awesome scenic route and we approached the mile long tunnel that was carved out in the mountain. As we started going in, it went completely pitch black, I rolled down my window and yodeled as loud as I could! The kids thought this was great! We all took a turn yelling in the tunnel to hear our echo. Every once and a while there would be a window in the tunnel causing our car to light up, we decided that everythime this happened we had to make a face at each other...HILARIOUS! Ian thought we were crazy! We even saw some big horned sheep. I captured a cute video of Madelyn singing in the car too, I will of course post later. Then we saw people parked and hiking in a cool spot, so we thought we would try it. It was by far the coolest hike we have been on. We were going through caves, leaning on the rock, crossing bridges, we didn't know what it lead to, but we were having a great time. We found out later that the trail was called "Canyon Overlook" and if we would have gone just a little bit farther we could have seen the top of the canyon, oh well we still had fun. Rylan even spotted a lizard! Today (Sunday) we have been hanging out in the camper watching movies, reading and listening to General Conference. Quotes: "thanks mom, you are the best mom ever" after helping her climb up the rocks on our hike.
Comments