Easter

Since mom and dad were in Utah for Easter weekend we all got together in Provo on Saturday and had lunch and an egg hunt for the kids. Grandma loaded up the eggs with good candy and Erica helped her hide the eggs and the kids had a great time finding them!





(notice her bunny bow, that was one of the projects that Meghan and I did when she was here)






Madelyn just loves Grandpa, here she is holding his hand with an eye on his fancy I-pad that Rylan and Erica are playing with.







Their loot!


All the men took a nap together!



We left for home and had dinner with the Tophams and let the kids dye easter eggs. After they were dry we hid them in our basement and turned off all of the lights and let them hunt with flashlights! It was too wet and cold outside. They had a blast.



Sunday morning the Spring Bunny had arrived and left a note for Rylan and Madelyn. He left a scavenger hunt for them to find clues, this one was in the dryer!



Their baskets were hidden behind Grandpa Nelson's old chair downstairs.



We got ready for chruch, I made the boys matching bow ties that actually matched Madelyn's skirt I made too. I saw this skirt at a craft store in Rexburg and loved it and I almost bought the pattern then I thought, I could figure that out by myself, and I DID! It was a sewing success, but don't look too close at it, it isn't perfect!



I bought her this shirt a couple weeks ago then I saw the poka-dot fabric and then found some fabric to match. Total cost: $5





Just my boys! Oh aren't they handsome?!



Scott was making Ian laugh, I thought this was cute, but he is a little blurry.

Oh I love my cute children! We talked about the real meaning of Easter during family home evening the Monday before, and Madelyn was very concerned with the owies on Jesus's hands, it was so tender. Rylan was saying a prayer this weekend and he asked that we remember Jesus and his resurrection! Scott and I both thought "Yes!" Our children do listen to our lessons! Whew! Hope you had a happy Easter!













































































Comments

Andrea Grover said…
Love the skirt! And the bow ties! And the bunny hair clip! Look at you, Miss Crafty Mom. :-) You've got some lucky (and adorable) kids.
Adorable. Everything about the post!
Wow, you did an awesome job with the kiddos outfits! Sooo cute!

Thanks so much, again, for a wonderful day on Tuesday!
Love ya!
Super Angie said…
So cute! When I grow up I want to be a mom like you!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep