My Mom and Dad

Aren't they so cute? This is Richard and Lynnette Young, my parents who have been married for 40 years! I love them very much and owe a lot to them. When I was growing up in my teenage years all my brothers and sisters were out of the house, so I was like the only child. My parents were great friends to me and I never really got into much trouble because I didn't want to disappoint them. My dad noticed that I was busy in the morning and leaving the house without breakfast so he made the commitment to make me breakfast every morning before I left. Sometimes it was just cereal all ready and poured and sometimes it was hotcakes, sausage,and O.J. with a freshly picked rose in a vase. My mom is the funniest companion. I just love to have her around, she is so fun to exercise with, talk with, and play games with (she is really good too!). I call her all the time with questions about raising children and boy does she know her stuff. As I wait for the arrival of my second child I feel so comforted that she will be there for me to help transition this baby into our life. She is SOOO helpful and will walk through fire for her children I swear. I hope to be that passionate about my kids even when they are adults. I love you mom and dad!
Comments