The Baby's Room

Well here it is, the most awaited baby's room. I have to give a lot of credit to Scott, he completely took charge of the painting of the room and did a fabulous job. I picked out the colors and set the paint cans in the room and taped, then Scott came home and saw those things in the room and said, "do you want me to start painting?" He finished that night, and put up the molding probably about a week later. The beautiful crib came from our good friends the Reardons. When Julie heard that I was planning on using our pack N play for the baby's bed (what we did with Rylan and it worked fine) she said, "oh you need a bigger crib you can have ours!" Wasn't that sweet? I would like to put something on this wall above the crib, maybe a vinyl saying or her name in painted wooden letters. Oh and thanks to all of your responses about the curtains. And for those of you who are really into safety (or as Rylan would say, "you have a Safety Violation mom") I realize that I shouldn't have dangling ribbon near the baby's crib, don't worry I will take care of that by the time the baby can move around in her crib

The adorable blanket was made by my sister Anna.


The stickers are from a company that I found on ebay called Tiny Tots N Teens (www.tinytotsnteens.com) they had some very cute vinyl stickers to choose from.



These dolls were mine growing up and I think they add a girly flare to the room, Scott thinks they are scary. Ok so one of them (the smaller one sitting down in the pink dress) has no eyelashes and the paint on her eyes are a little faded and cloudy, but that is only because my dear mother let me take this expensive Madam Alexander doll into the bathtub because I loved her so much and wanted to really play with her, and not just admire her on a shelf. So if any of you know of a place that restores dolls let me know, so our daughter doesn't have nightmares.

Comments

Margaret said…
It is so adorable. You are amazing, Leah.
Super Angie said…
So insanely cute!!!! Your sister is right, you ARE amazing!
WT said…
I love the colors! Absolutely! You and Scott are hired to come fix our place up.
lovin' it :) I love that Scott took such initative to paint that room---what a sweet and thoughtful husband! He must be so excited to have a little girl!
Way Cute room! Love the colors, Love the baby... love it all!
Gorgeous!! You guys did an awesome job--You are so lucky to have a girl to dump all your estrogen on -You are going to have so much fun--
Keep smiling lady --you are almost there!!
Beautiful Room Leah!! Hopefully we'll be able to meet this litter baby before she turns into a toddler, :)
The VIPs said…
Hello! I love the quilt that Anna made, so cute. I just wanted to say hi, I ran across your blog from Maureen's. Looks like you're doing well!

Becky Vipperman

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep