Christmas & Birthday Fun
It's so fun creating new traditions everywhere we live! In Louisville they have a cave system that they fill with lights and music, it takes about 30 minutes to drive through. It was thrilling and kind of creepy driving through a cave and seeing all the lights.
Afterward we stopped at a cafe to have pie
The first grade had an "Elf Day" where they had stations in each classroom and made crafts, I volunteered to help Ian's class.
The weekend of my birthday Scott and Rylan volunteered to help Scott's cousin Ashley move up in Ohio so the kids and I made the best of it and discovered that our little town has some really fun Christmas activities for kids. We got gingerbread house kits, played games and had lunch with Mrs. Claus, got our faces painted, made some stockings and ornaments at the local historical house, and caught snowflakes in our mouths!
Ian gave me the best birthday gift ever. . ."free hugs for life!" I Face-timed with my mom and sisters
and that night our Stake had a musical Christmas fireside that the kids sang at. I let them keep their face paint on that night.
I also let them "swim" in our bathtub. I love how such simple things make for a fun day in the eyes of children. Seeing them have fun and enjoy life was the best way to spend my birthday.
While the kids had days off of school I taught them how to play some classic games like Settlers of Catan. And Madelyn's Activity Day girls and the Cub Scouts sang Christmas carols at a nursing home.

Comments