Grandma & Grandpa Visit 2017
Back in February when we realized that we would not be making it back to the mainland that coming summer, my mom and dad instantly said, "no problem we will come visit YOU!" I think that their visit during Christmas was just not long enough. I took them on a lot of hikes!
| Hanauma Bay Ridge |
| Kuli'ou'ou Ridge Trail |
| Makapu'u |
| Manoa Falls |
| always be prepared for rain when you hike through the Hawaiian jungle |
Dad seemed to enjoy jumping in the pool after a long sweaty hike!
There was a lot of reading timeAnd while they were there, they got to see two soccer games, a Tahitian dance performance, and the elementary school's May Day Celebration. Maddy and Ian's class both did a hula and sang Hawaiian songs.
| check out those white legs |
We played games, and of course had some beach days
We introduced them to Leonard's Malasada's
We also went to the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific or the "Punchbowl" I think my dad enjoyed reading all the displays about each war that took place in the Pacific.
My mom and dad are tree lovers like me so I knew they would appreciate the gorgeous trees at this cemetery.
We walked along the lake at the Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens
My mom is a very affectionate grandma, so there were a lot of hugs and cuddles that were so sweet! We also celebrated Mother's Day together! Scott gave us leis and made us dinner.

Comments