Adventures With Our Buds

Someone asked me what I did for exercise in Hawaii and I told them I hiked a lot! I had multiple friends that could go with me and we seized the day.  This is Jody, her husband (pilot for Hawaiian Air) worked afternoons and evenings, so mornings were fair game while he stayed home with the kiddos. She was the one who got me to do all these cool jumping shots, she is a pro and also does handstands really well, but I can't do handstands, so jumping works! She lived just down the street from me and was great at spontaneous hanging out. One morning before we moved we hiked up Lanikai Pillbox and then ate breakfast at Cinnamon's together.



 She also is a fantastic photographer! She covertly takes your picture when you go on hikes with her. I will always remember when I was hiking up Koko Head with her and I almost lost my cookies, trying to keep up with her, she is a machine! Its always fun to go with someone who can push you a little.


Then I have Julie, Keri and Jillian (and a handful of other women who just couldn't make it to this one) who are always up for an adventure. We wanted to find this hike, we kinda knew where this natural bridge was but we didn't want to go alone so we decided to explore together.  Found it!! But it was NOT safe to go on it the day we were there, the water was too high and was crashing over it. 





I love this picture of Julie high tailing it so she wouldn't get splashed!!!

One Saturday when both our husbands were working or out of town we took our kids to Ho'omaluhia Botanical Gardens to fish.  As long as Keri touched all the fish because I wasn't about to,  I baited the hooks, that was my job.  I could just gawk at those mountains all day! The Robertson's moved in last summer, we only had one year with them but we were friends from the beginning. Keri lived in my sisters neighborhood in Utah, so when she was moving here we got in touch so I could help her with her transition questions and we were instant friends plus our kids are the same ages, everyone has a buddy! 










After fishing we went hiking to Likeke Falls


  We had some epic beach days together too


The great thing about this family is that when we go visit my sister in Utah, they will be across the street from her! They only plan on living in Hawaii for another year, so we know we will see them again! Yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep