Dole Plantation & The Polynesian Cultural Center

During Christmas break we took the opportunity to explore some of the things we haven't seen yet on the island.  One of them was the Dole Plantation. We are big fans of the Dole Whips!


I had no idea that pineapple is grown from a spiky bush?!? We took a train ride around the plantation to see all their crops and their beautiful botanical garden.

Look at all these gorgeous textures and colors:


We bought season passes to the Polynesian Cultural Center and we were finally able to go.  We couldn't get into a luau, because during Christmas break it was completely booked., so we will try it another time. Just going to all the villages was enough entertainment for a day.  I have to say that Tahiti was my favorite. I am just in awe of their dancing! Scott and Brian loved trying out the dance too.


We were taught how to make fish out of coconut tree leaves at the Tonga villiage

Rylan and Scott tried spear throwing



There is a river that runs through all the villages where they perform a boat show. Each village comes out on a boat and does a dance that is from their village.


The Samoan village put on quite a show as well. They had fire throwers, and tree climbers, plus their MC was hilarious and had us laughing till we were sick!




We got "kiri tuhi" (skin stamps) at the Aotearo village



Here is a video of all of our favorites
                                           
Did I mention that it was our 14th anniversary on this day?  We already celebrated in Maui a couple months ago, after the PCC we went to Seven Brothers for dinner with the Reardon and Mair families.  
See the two photo bombers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged