Back to School 2013 & a Packers Game

Late August means back to school time! Rylan is in 4th grade this year which is the oldest at his school!  We walked Rylan to his bus stop early so he wouldn't miss the bus. Ian had to wear his backpack too, (thanks Oma)!



Dad was even with us because he had the day off, why?  He drove to a Packers GAME!  We will get to that later . . .

 He doesn't look quite awake does he?
 

                                                       Can't believe he is in 4th grade!


Off he goes with his buddy Megan
 
 The preschools here are very expensive especially since Madelyn would be switching from twice a week to three times a week.  Her teacher last year wasn't teaching anymore and they raised the price ridiculously high, so I decided that I can teach my little kids at home this year!  Ian is older and can participate and we have been doing it for two weeks now and it has been great!  Thanks to abcmouse.com, free printables from pinterest, my smart sister Margie, videos from YouTube and help from Maddy's old preschool teacher (who is also our neighbor) it is working and the kids seem to like it!  Even if my kids aren't learning anything, they are loving the play time with mommy.

 
 We have a theme each week and work on a number.  When we get to 10 we will move on to letters.
I have the kids put on backpacks and walk out the door and say goodbye to mom, then when they come back through the door they call me Ms. Leah and I am their teacher. They think that is pretty funny! 


Our first week was all about me, we traced each of their bodies and then they colored them in.  Madelyn was very excited and got into it, Ian was done after a couple minutes so he just played beside us and I finished his picture with his help.

Our second week was about "Harvest" we talked about where our fruits and veggies come from and then we talked about how apples come from seeds and read a book about the life cycle of the apple tree.  We also played in the dirt and planted some apple seeds.

On our second day that week we talked about work,  how bees are hard workers and we listened to "Flight of the Bumblebee" and cleaned the house including the toilets!  Haa haa tricky huh?
                                                    
                                                           Then we made some bees!
 
I love these sweet children!
 


                                         Ian is such a ham! He was "squeezing my guts" out.
I am so lucky to be their mama!
 
 On to Scott's Packer game . . .

Scott has been a Green Bay Packer fan since he was a little boy.  So going to a game at Lambeau Field was a lifelong dream!  The Packers play only about 5 hours away from where we live, so when their schedule came up online he found a Thursday night game, bought tickets and went for it!

                                                     He went with his office BFF Brian

                                                                   Superbowl Trophies
                                             
                                                    He brought back shirts for everyone
                                                  
I asked him to write on here and tell us about it and he said, "it was great!"  That sums it up I guess!
 

Comments

Margaret said…
I love all of the 4 posts at once. You are so cute that you make them put on their backpack and leave the house for mommy preschool and then come back in. I love hearing your ideas.

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep