Christmas 2019

We decided to have a Christmas Eve eve slumber party, we brought down some mattresses, Scott and I slept on the pullout couch mattress we put it on the floor. The kids had started watching as many Star Wars movies as they could over break. So we watched Rogue One, then started A New Hope because that is where they were at in their marathon.


We  turned the lights out at 9:30 and played truth or dare. But the dares had to be something you could do laying down, like do your best Yoda impersonation, say the alphabet backwards as fast as you can.  Rylan was working and when we told him to join us when he got home he said he wanted to be in his own bed. Bo was in heaven laying down next to all of us, he moved around the room and took turns laying next to each person. I woke up to his face next to my face, this is why he isn’t allowed in our bed.



Madelyn and Ian made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers, Ian made his in about 20 minutes, but Madelyn was so careful and made a two story house with a slanted roof in about an hour and a half. Mom and dad saw her process through FaceTime, she decorated it with gumdrops, icing and licorice. 

For Christmas Eve dinner we had fondue. We fried up some deer sausage and broccoli and cut up the fresh French bread I had made that day. The recipe we used did not have wine in it so we were skeptical, but I thought it was the best fondue we have every made! Scott and the kids gave it a 7 out of ten. I liked it because it was savory instead of the sweet flavor that I think they wine leaves. 

We read Luke 2 and some other scriptures about Christ’s ministry and crucifixion.  Then we read the night before Christmas and the kids got ready for bed, Now that the kids know about Santa, Christmas Eve is not as fun!  I am going to miss the suspense of Santa coming and the cookies and reindeer. We drew names to decide who would fill our stockings. The kids had a lot of fun with this, but it didn't stay a secret for very long.



We started Christmas at around 7:30 am, we opened stockings, ate our monkey bread breakfast, then opened presents. Maddy and Ian got a hover board and Rylan got a letterman jacket, those were their big gifts. They also got books, some clothes and some other small gifts.  It was in the 60s by noon! The kids wanted to play outside on their hover board, Maddy picked up on it pretty fast, she had used her friends hover board before. Ian needed some help, I walked in front of him and held out my hands so he could grab onto them and I caught him from falling twice! 








The Henry family had our name for Christmas and they gave us the dreamiest blankies!

Crazy socks from Oma

Bo got a new collar

I made everyone play games, we got two new games for Christmas, Cover Your Assets and Qwirkle.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep