Our New Brother-Bo (Oct 2019)
Scott arrived home as the kids and I were at a ward Halloween party. We had pre-arranged that I would go into the house and tell the kids that I was going to see if the surprise was ready yet. I went in and Scott was standing in the kitchen with Bo, so I motioned for them to come into the house, and then I got in perfect camera position to get their reactions. They were speechless and asked, "is it ours?" They came running over and started petting him and he was so calm and happy to get all this attention. Ian started to cry he was so happy, it was so cute!
Scott had to empty out his truck and put the meat in the freezer, he had it packed in dry ice and it stayed frozen for 4 days! The whole time he was coming and going from the garage, Bo would sit by the door and kind of whimper and lay down by the door. He listens to come, sit, and lay down. Scott said that Bo had hardly eaten in the last three days, I had a leftover hotdog from the ward dinner so he cut it up and mixed it with his dry dog food, and stood over Bo while he ate, and he finally ate a whole bowl full. He followed the kids all around the house he is such a sweet dog! He loves to be pet and rubbed, and he follows Scott everywhere! The kids are anxious to teach him tricks, he doesn’t know how to play fetch, he has never been taught. I ordered a book from Amazon with pictures and explanations of how to teach dogs certain things, step by step. Ian had the first couple of pages read before he went to bed.
When we are outside Bo stays close by, at around 3:00 he starts to get a little antsy and waits by the door and will come and stare at me. We go outside and wait for the bus and when it arrives he runs to the kids and walks home with them. We took Bo to the Bernheim Arboretum to go on a hike and Rylan took off the leash and told Bo to go get Maddy and Ian and he chased after them and nipped at their ankles, like a real sheepdog! He likes to herd his people.


















Comments