First Stop- Grangeville

Our first stop was Grangeville to see the Hooglands and Kohrmans!  It is so fun to be able to see not only Scott's parents, grandma and Aunt and Uncle + cousins, but his sister and her family too!  Scott bought Uncle Ken's old skeeter boat to use when we are visiting, so he took Rylan and Alli out fishing on Tolo lake.




 These two were side by side the whole time, they made a movie with a puppet named Lucy Lu, wrote stories, went on adventures in the woods, and giggled together.

 Aunt Lona bought the kids water guns
 We took the kids to the beach for an afternoon, Kezia and her crew joined us too.







 Dad is teasing grandma with a kitten

 Grandma Adah and her grandkids, and great grandkids and one great great granddaughter

 Grammy set up a slip in slide



 Madelyn was obsessed with this little kitty, Lobo a.k.a. Barbara Streisand. Allergy medicine could only do so much before she had a huge allergic reaction and was a itchy, cough-until-I-puke mess.  We tried to tell her to NOT put the kitty in her face or nuzzle her with her nose, but she just could not help herself.  She is such an animal lover! Madelyn and Maggie played hard together as well.  They loved Maggie's fairy garden, and pretending that the kitten was their baby.


Our twin nephews, Dexter & Miles.  I could finally tell them apart after five years, such handsome little fellas!


 I took Scott to the airport in Spokane, visited Meghan and her kids, then came back to Grangeville, then drove to Rexburg, then Utah then back to Grangeviile for Border Days.

The parades, egg toss, scones, the sweltering heat= so much fun!


 The little cousins walked in the kiddie parade wearing some of Grammy's store shirts
 Happy 4th of July!!!
 This picture is of Miles wearing his snow boots in 90 degree weather, this kid cracks me up!  He wears them to church too! It was nice to see Ian playing with his cousins and doing boy stuff with them.
Aunt Lonalee was sweet enough to offer to buy our pilot.  This was a huge blessing, because I would have had to ship it from California  or the Seattle area, and then find a way to get to the airport with all the kids, 3 suitcases, 4 carry ons, and 2 car seats. Talk about stressful!  After I visited my family in southern Idaho and Utah and I drove back up to Grangeville, I sold her the car and mama Jody drove us to the Spokane airport.  It worked out so well, because I would have had to rent a car for about 6 weeks until the car came overseas, do you know how expensive cars are to rent on the island of Oahu?  I gave her a good wash and vacuum and said goodbye. She was a great car for our family for  about 7 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep