Legoland

I don't know which one our family likes better, Legos or Star Wars, but when both of those are combined you can't go wrong!  It was Star Wars weekend at Legoland here in Chicago last weekend. Unfortunately, Scott had to work, but the rest of us had nothing planned so we drove over to play.

We had our picture taken with the infamous Darth Vader and some storm troopers,  Madelyn did not want to have anything to do with those guys.  She said that if Yoda were there she would have!  Excuse the geeky-ness coming out of me, I grew up on Star Wars and shared that with Rylan who now loves it.  In fact when Scott and I were dating and I heard that he had never scene it I told him that we couldn't date any longer unless he had seen all the movies and liked them. Don't worry he fell in love too!





They were displaying a brand new exhibit with scenes from Star Wars Episode 1:  The Phantom Menace, all made out of Legos!  It was AMAZING!

Pod racer scene


 Land of Naboo, with a Star Fighter taking off out of the hanger

 Ian ready for the 4-D movie


 Maddy constructing a masterpiece, did I mention that Molly, the American Girl doll I passed down to Madelyn had to come with us?  She is Madelyn's new pal and she likes to take her places, which I think is the cutest thing ever! She carried her on her back the whole time and didn't complain. 
 It was a fun day!


Comments

Lisa Fox said…
That is so awesome...people are so talented!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep