Idaho- Rexburg

We made the long drive to Idaho at the end of June.  We drove for two days, each for 12 hours. It was long, and awful, but mostly for this little guy, who only took little cat naps here and there then was exhausted but would not go to sleep. Here he is falling asleep while eating.
 Madelyn LOVED her new Color Wonder book, it seriously kept her entertained for most of the trip, and I think she colored every page.
We got to Rexburg Sunday night at about 9 pm and we had a waiting party!  They all were outside cheering for us when we pulled in.
Whenever we are in Rexburg I get sentimental because it is where we started our life together and our family! I love it there, there are a lot of fun places to go but mostly it is the special places that Scott and I shared while we dated.

We hiked up to the" R" with Grandpa

Played at the park and rode the carrousel


 We visited Porter at DQ, look at that handsome guy! He is earning money for his mission in Independance, Missouri, Spanish speaking. We are so proud of him!

We took pictures at the Rexburg temple, this one is my favorite, we attempted to do this same thing with just our children but Ian was crying the whole time, this one of James, Maddy, and Ben who are all the same age is the best!  Look at those facial expressions!



                     Ian got kicked out of this picture because he didn't want to sit or be touched by anyone

We went on a mountain bike ride and raft trip in the SAME day!

Our view from the trail
 Ian after the Raft trip eating his watermelon  I think he got a big kick out of squishing it more than actually eating it.

                                                                 A moose and her baby!
Jake & M'Lynn (my nephew and niece) worked at Mack's Inn for the summer this is where we did out raft trip.  Jake was the boat man. . .
and this hot little girl washed dishes and cleaned rooms at the resort.

 Here we go on the raft trip, Ian HATED his life jacket. Good thing we had a lot of snacks to keep him entertained.
Yeah that life jacket didn't last long, I had to keep a firm hold on his shirt the whole time. He loved to dangle his feet in the water.
                                                   Maddy was a champ, and so stylish!
                                                             The crew about to head out!
 Short little pit stop, this is James and Brooke my new niece and nephew, aren't they adorable?
The whole family, there are 26 of us!
                   Just the grandkids, oldest to youngest (with M'Lynn and Erica holding the babies so they didn't fall in the river!
 The kids loved playing in the river and catching minnows.  Scott offered  $25 to Tyler if he ate one, and he DID IT!  Oh how I wish I has gotten a picture of that!
One of the best parts of our trip was getting to know 6 new members of our family. Anna's husband Kevin, Tyler, Ryan, Brooke, Michelle, and James!  We had to be careful not to overwhelm them with our love since they don't know us that well, but oh I just wanted to squeeze them. They were a bit quiet at first but by the end of the weekend they were just part of the family, we love our new cousins and brother!
Grandma loves to read to her grandkids, and she is a fantastic storyteller!


Ian just chillin with Grandpa


                                                                Madelyn and James
                  Grandpa & Grandma set up a slip n'slide in their back yard that is on a little hill
 
       The kids loved to pretend to drive Uncle Ira's moped, Ben and his hot bade Madelyn on the back.
 G & G also whipped out a sandbox, which they kept in their garage so it stayed clean and was in the shade.
                                                  Madelyn playing horses with Brooke
                      Ian giving Lizzy some love, I wish I would have gotten more pictures of them together, but they were always busy doing their own thing.
It was such a fun trip, but it ended too quickly.  I just love my family, but I was also excited to go up to Grangeville to see the Hoogland side...so we loaded up and headed north for more family fun.

Comments

How fun that you all got to be together! Your parents look just like I remember them- haven't aged at all! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep