Ian 6 Months
Ian's 6th month of life was quite adventurous! He has been quite the trooper I have to say. He had to travel across the country belted into a carseat, had to sleep in somewhere new every couple days, miss out on naps, learned to eat solids, got a haircut, and is sitting up for longer periods of time. He is finally taking naps that last more than 30 minutes and sleeping through the night most of the time. Yeah for mommy! At the doctor's he weighted at 14 pounds, 3 oz and is now in the 2nd percentile, but that seriously surprises us because he looks chubby in his cheeks and thighs. He had to get his little boy part re-circumcised, poor guy. The skin had grown back over it, not completely but just a little that the doctor was concerned about. I didn't actually see how they did it because I was too afraid to look, but he was in some pain and was quite sore for a couple days (plus the shots).
He is usually a very quiet, serious kid when he is in a situation that he is unfamiliar with. He studies everyone very intently and it takes a lot to get a smile. Whenever his dad, or Maddy and Rylan are near he instantly giggles and hides his face. He loves to play peek-a-boo, be tickled on his tummy, play patty cake, scoot backwards, and spit. When he wakes up Rylan in the morning sometimes Ry will lift him out of his crib and bring him to bed with him and cuddle. So sweet! Then Ry will bring him to me when he is done with him!
This is the only smile I could get out of him at the moment. I got him before he curled up and put his hands over his face, which is what he does when he laughs. This was his outfit for the rodeo we went to over Border Days. Everyone loved his chaps which were given to him by his Papa Doug, and his little shirt is a hand-me-down from his cousins Miles and Dexter.
The serious Ian, who is investigating my camera. After we cut his hair it has turned into this beautiful reddish blond color. It looks very similar to his Grammy Jody's hair, minus the grey of course! ha haa His eye color is hazel, brown around the pupil then blue around the edges. He is so handsome.
I was taking a video of Ian saying "dada" but Madelyn quickly stole the show and began saying dada herself! Silly girl!
He is usually a very quiet, serious kid when he is in a situation that he is unfamiliar with. He studies everyone very intently and it takes a lot to get a smile. Whenever his dad, or Maddy and Rylan are near he instantly giggles and hides his face. He loves to play peek-a-boo, be tickled on his tummy, play patty cake, scoot backwards, and spit. When he wakes up Rylan in the morning sometimes Ry will lift him out of his crib and bring him to bed with him and cuddle. So sweet! Then Ry will bring him to me when he is done with him!
I was taking a video of Ian saying "dada" but Madelyn quickly stole the show and began saying dada herself! Silly girl!
Ian LOVES his jumper. I often put him in there in front of one of the kids' rooms and he watches them play and can be completely entertained by them for a long time. Especially Maddy since she doesn't stay still in one place for longer than 5 seconds, and she is always talking or singing. This time he is facing Madelyn while I give her a bath (you can hear her playing the drums on the side of the tub).
Love you little sweetheart.
Comments
I love his boarder days outfit. hehehe... awesome!