Columbia Childrens Museum



On the last Friday before Rylan started school I took the kids to the museum downtown. I had never been downtown before and I was a little nervous because I had no idea what it was like, but I was sick of staying at home and going to the pool everyday. We wanted to do something different. We ventured out after lunch and we had a blast! The museum was very cool with a lot of exhibits that the kids could relate to. My favorite was the butterfly garden, which I couldn't take any pictures of because I had to hold Ian because no strollers were allowed, and my other hand was holding Maddy because I was afraid she was going to try and pick up a butterfly. We walked in and were amazed at about 50+ butterflies flying all around us. They gave us a chart that had pictures of all the butterflies on them with their names so we could identify each of them. There was a little shed in the garden that had a window full of chrysalises hanging, some were empty and some had butterflies/caterpillars in them. One of the workers showed us where some caterpillars were, they were so cute and fuzzy!



This is Eddie, the largest kid in the world! You can go inside of him and see how his body works, Rylan thought it was disgusting.




They had a section that was all about work, this section was how food comes from the farm and into the store. . .









The kids LOVED the store just their size. We probably played in there for over an hour. One parent commented to me about the contents of Madelyn's shopping cart which was full of fruits and vegetables, because her son's cart was full of doughnuts, pies and cookies! We had a good laugh about that!


They had a section about Africa where you could dress up and play with a real African band in front of a green screen so when you looked at the monitor it looked like you were in the same room as them...




Isn't that cool? It doesn't look very clear because I am taking a picture of a tv screen but the kids loved it! Rylan is dancing and Madelyn chose to play the bongo drums!

Rylan driving a bulldozer in a wall of blocks he built


I love to watch my kids and their imaginations grow. It was a very fun place for them to explore and learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged