Southern Utah Day 2:
We had a great night of sleep, Ian even slept for 9 hours! We woke up to Madelyn jumping on us announcing that the sun came up at about 7 a.m. We got ready, made a lunch and headed to Moab's Visitors Center and got some panphlets with information on the area. Then we went five miles to Arches National Park. We took the scenic drive and stopped at our first hike north and south windows. We thought we better eat our lunch before we started since we didn't know how long it would take us. We sat on the back of the pick up to eat.
Maddy was very eager and excited. We made her pack her own water in her little Elmo backpack, she loved it and was super excited to climb the "red mountain." Her outfit wasn't complete without her hat, sunglasses and a necklace of course, I think she also started the hike with a ring. She loved waving at people and I think the second we got out of the car she started collecting rocks! She loves rocks, we told her that there would be plenty of rocks for her to find on our hike.
Rylan loved exploring and climbing too. Since Scott had the baby I got to be his partner, and wow he is unstopable. My inner child came out while we climbed and explored.
(can you spot us?)
Rylan found a bum rock! We then drove to another hike, the lower view of the Delicate Arch, but it was closed so we did the upper view, it was much more strenuous than we wanted, but we were able to see the famous arch from far away, still deciding whether we want to do the 3 mile hike to the actual arch or not with the kids. By the end of this hike Ian was screaming, so we fed him in the car and headed back to the camper so he and Maddy could take a nap. Scott and Rylan went 4x4-ing in his ridiculously lifted truck. I guess that is what it is lifted for?! I don't understand the sport, but anything to help my boys bond. When they came back Rylan confessed that he did not like it because it was really bumpy and he was about to throw up! Scott love it and said that it was "freaky awesome" "it would be a sin to have a lifted up truck and not go off-roading."
Quotes from today: Scott: "I love Asians, they take the best pictures!" (which is actually true, they did take a great picture of us at the windows hike.)
Madelyn: "Don't hold my hand, mama I can do it by myself....ok?"
Rylan: "This trip is so fun I can't stand it!" Leah: "More fun than Disneyland?" Rylan: "What, well I don't know." Biff it Tally: 3 all done by Madelyn who was so excited hiking and kept running and slipping. She never wanted us to hold her though, even when she fell, she just needed a hug for 5 seconds then she wanted to get down and walk.
Comments