Southern Utah Day 1:
I am keeping a log of our events, quotes and pictures of our trip to southern Utah for the enjoyment of my extended family and to keep a journal for our little family as well. I am using Scott's work computer and it won't let me upload any pictures so I will have to add them later. Monday we woke up to snow flurries and thought ahh what a perfect day to get out and head to warm southern Utah! We loaded up the camper did a few errands and cleaned the house (in case any potential buyers want to see it). Just past Price we stopped at a city park to let the kids run around and it was 50 degrees. They were so excited since they haven't been able to play at a park for about 5 months now! Maddy flew down a slide and got her pants all wet, amd Ian needed a diaper change...luckily we had the camper to change in and even go potty in. The kids did great, Ian loves to look at his brother and sister in the back and Rylan can feed him bottles that I pump and read him stories. We pulled into our RV site in Moab around 3:00 p.m. I entertained the kids while Scott got the camper hooked up and ready and one of the jacks that hold up the front of the camper broke, or wouldn't go down all the way?!? He used his jack that he had in the pickup to hike up the front end...then we were trying to figure out how to get the awning down and when we finally got it up realized that a pin was missing in the frame work and there was a substancial amount of mold where the tarp was hooked up to the top so it was ripping out. The guy we bought the camper from said he never used the awning which I guess means it was broken so he never used it! Frustrating...other than that the old thing is working great and is very fun! Even if it is only 5 people in a 20x6 foot area! We played around the site, made some dinner, rode our bikes, and went into town and did some grocery shopping. Then we put the babies to bed and played a game of Blokus, in which we were beaten badly by our Rylan. Some quotes: Madelyn: " These apples are sooo juicy!" Rylan: "I wish Remington was here." Leah to Scott: "Shouldn't we ask someone who knows what they are doing to help us?" Scott to Leah: "No, I can d0 it , . . . son of a &^%$# I don't know what I am doing? Since our kids inherited my clumsiness and they can never walk anywhere only run we thought we should keep track of how many times wefalling down tally, or a biff it tally. For this day it was two, both by Rylan on his bike, he is not used to riding on gravel!
Comments