Ian's Blessing

This last weekend we had Ian's blessing. We debated on canceling it because poor Ian had been sick but he was a little bit better by Sunday morning thanks to a new humidifer, prayers and a priesthood blessing from his daddy . We have a great support group of family and friends who were there to help us celebrate this beautiful baby.









He had just woken up and I could NOT get him to crack a smile, but he is still cute.

Madelyn however was all smiles and giggles with her Uncle Ira!



My brother Ira took over the grandfather responsibilites since my mom and dad couldn't be there because of illness. Maddy just adores him and laughs and laughs with him. He even has been known to play barbies with her!



My SIL Teralyn, isn't she cute? She is quite the aunt too. When Ian was coughing up the junk that was in his chest she patiently patted his back and held him upright and gave him words of encouragement. Want to know what aunt Anna did when he started hacking? Jumped off the couch and ran the other way! Haa haa, we love you Anna, and I am sad that I didn't get one picture with you and the kids! Anna got to stay until Monday morning.


As we were sitting in church waiting for it to start, it was noticed that these four share a striking resemblence! So Anna and I had to take some pictures!
This is Addison, my friends daughter who is obviously great with babies, she rocked Ian to sleep!

The Kikkerts even came from Salt Lake City, their company is always welcome, we love them!





Grammy Jody drove all the way to Utah on Friday, spent Saturday with us and Sunday morning then had to head back. That is about 20 hours of driving in a three day period! Ian was so sad and sick while she was here, but in this picture as she was holding him before she left to go back home, he finally gave her some smiles!

Comments

Way to RALLY Ian! You're so cute and clearly you are sooooo loved by your family and friends :)
Who doesn't laugh when Ira is around? He always was one of our favorite babysitters!

Glad you had such a crowd for precious Ian! What an adorable little outfit. Where did you get it?
And I'd like to know why you don't look any older than freshman college days. Quite impressive for a new (again) mommy!
Amber Sibbett said…
Ian is SUCH a cutie! He is so perfect, he looks like a little doll! I LOVE his hair! Your family is adorable! Sure miss ya!
The Sundloff's said…
sooooo cute! oh my goodness! i cant wait to see him! wish we could have been there! hope we see you guys soon! love you!!
Heather said…
I want to hold Ian! We were so sad to have missed the blessing. Jared tells me nothing, so I didn't know you were doing it than. Give him(and Ry and Maddie and Scott if you must) a huge smooch for us, and we'll see you hopefully soon.
Anna Banana said…
well it doesn't suprise me one bit that I am not in any pictures. Wasn't I the one taking all the pictures? And it isn't a family gathering without me being missing...

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep