2 Weeks Old

The first two weeks are the worst. Your body is still recovering from delivery, all the organs are shifting back into place, you are exhausted, your breasts are extremely sore and unpredictable. The baby just wants to nurse, all the time, you have to take care of his little man parts and his belly button, and worry about infection. Older siblings need to adjust and learn that mommy can't always help when they want her too. But once 2 weeks hit things are starting to get better, they aren't perfect but your body feels better, the older siblings have mostly adjusted (they still have their moments) your nursing feels like it is more under control and you start to get into a routine. During the crazyness you have these little moments of "ahhh" this is nice. Like this moment when Maddy and Ian are looking at each other completely content, Maddy was singing to him and he was loving it. (note the cute headband she is wearing, yeah that is mine that my SIL made for me, Maddy stole it and thinks that it is hers now)





Here is another picture of them, Maddy loves it when I put him next to her and ask her to watch him.




And moments like this when you are napping with the baby and you can't fall asleep because you can't stop looking at how cute he is!


I think we are going to survive this 3rd kid just fine :)

Here is a picture of Ian and his cousin Elizabeth (who is 3 months older)


my sister and I were trying to recreate this picture we took of Madelyn and her cousin Ben who were a month apart.


It is so fun to have kids with your siblings! We only live an hour apart and we just can't seem to get enough of each other. Now that the older kids are 2 and can play together it give us such joy to watch them have fun.

Comments

Andrea Grover said…
Good luck with all the changes! You are an awesome mommy with three awesome kids!

I think my least favorite part of the post-kid-#3-having was the sore "chestal region." Analee couldn't figure out why I wouldn't let her sit on my lap and snuggle with me like she loves to do, but any time she brushed up against me, it was excruciating!
Margaret said…
You hit it right on the nose with the first two weeks being the worst. I remember thinking "this sucks!" But it does turn into bliss after a while. I can't get enough of you and your kids either and I'm trying to think about when our next play-date will be. It is interesting to see Ian/Lizzie and Ben/Maddy's picture right next to each other. You can tell who the siblings are....they look so much alike.
Ohh that little baby is soooooooooo cute!!!!

I want to eat him.

Yum.


You are so right about the post delivery 2 weeks stage. You feel like a pile of jello. Your emotions are jello- your boobs are (hard) jello- your guts.... jello.

Glad Maddy girl likes the head band too. :)


On a funny side note: When I took Miles to the doctor's today he was at 21 lbs... which makes me laugh that Maddy is 22 lbs.. hehehehe
Seriously! I'm glad you survived your first 2 weeks :) and I'm glad Maddy survived them too! Can you freeze Ian in the newborn stage until I come to visit please? Thanks! He is so cute, I'm dying.

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep