The first day of Kindergarten

The day has come, the day that Rylan has been waiting for for a LONG time! I think I heard the question, "when do I get to go to school?" about 100 times in the past couple months! He was feeling a bit nervous the night before but Scott gave him a blessing (a special prayer) and in the morning he was very excited but still a little nervous. I got him a white board and wrote down with pictures all the things he needed to do to get ready all by himself. He woke up looked at the chart...

Got ready...we said another prayer then took some pictures outside, this was my favorite...

Then we got Maddy in her stroller and walked the 1/2 mile to school. You can see the school off in the distance.

We got there just in time for Ry to give his teacher the shoe box she asked him to bring and to find his name at the blue table. He was very excited to be sitting at the table that happens to be his favorite color!


I waved goodbye and he gave me a darling little smile and thumbs up. My baby is all grown up! He had a great first day. It is going to be a fun year.

Comments

Gary and Amy said…
He is so big! I can't believe it. Seems like I just saw him as a baby at our roomie get-together that was apparently forever ago. You two have some dang cute kids!

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged