Bees = hospital
I learned something new while I was visiting my parents. I am allergic to bees! Not very bad thank goodness, but enough that I had to take a steroid for allergic reactions to make the swelling go down. It all started when I was at the Asotin Aquatic Center with my kids and my mom. I was holding Maddy in the wave pool watching Rylan when I felt something crawling on the back of my shoulder. I tried to swipe at it with my right hand and as I was flinging the bee off me it stung my middle finger. Ouch, I went to the first aid people and had the stinger removed and I was fine. Well 24 hours later my finger started to get more painful and bigger, with the swelling going into my other fingers and hand.

By this time my friend Meghan had come to visit me in Lewiston and we were visiting with our other friend Lindsey
and having a great time then when we went back to my parents place it was hurting really bad. My mom and dad thought that I should go to the urgent care. I fed Maddy and put her to bed then we headed over but it was closed, so the only other place we could go was to the hospital...so embarrassing..for a bee sting!
It was about 8:30 p.m. by the time we got there, and we didn't get out until 10:30! I have to say that it was a lot more fun than it could have been because my Meghan was there. We laughed and talked as we waited, and she helped me with my crippled finger/hand the next day. Oh I also had to get a tetnus shot because I hadn't gotten one in a long time. Those things hurt! My arm was so sore for a couple dys afterwards. Ahh so that was the drama...I am SO glad that it didn't sting Madelyn...who that would have been worse!

By this time my friend Meghan had come to visit me in Lewiston and we were visiting with our other friend Lindsey
and having a great time then when we went back to my parents place it was hurting really bad. My mom and dad thought that I should go to the urgent care. I fed Maddy and put her to bed then we headed over but it was closed, so the only other place we could go was to the hospital...so embarrassing..for a bee sting!
It was about 8:30 p.m. by the time we got there, and we didn't get out until 10:30! I have to say that it was a lot more fun than it could have been because my Meghan was there. We laughed and talked as we waited, and she helped me with my crippled finger/hand the next day. Oh I also had to get a tetnus shot because I hadn't gotten one in a long time. Those things hurt! My arm was so sore for a couple dys afterwards. Ahh so that was the drama...I am SO glad that it didn't sting Madelyn...who that would have been worse!
Comments