Oh beautiful for spacious skies...

Well it is officially spring here in Utah (finally) and we have been itching to get out of the house for a while now. We found a website that lists a ton of local hikes. We LOVE to hike and each hike is ranked and has a detailed explanation of how hard it is, how long it is, and what you will see. As we were going to bed last night we thought it would be a great idea to go hiking in the morning, so we found a hike and did it! Life is short, our earth is beautiful, be one with nature! Those are just a few feelings I felt as we started. Then a few things happened along the way: a crying baby, a whinny 5-year old, and still no waterfall after we had been hiking for an hour and a half. We thought we better turn around, even though we didn't get to the end of the hike for the waterfall we still had breathtaking views and a couple bonding moments with Rylan and nature(he was assigned to find 3 different types of flowers, insects, and trees)...then he fell down and skidded down some rocks because he was admiring the trees or whatever. Ouch. Both knees were bloody and Scott (bless his heart) was not only carrying Madelyn in the backpack, but now he was carrying Rylan in front. Dad to the rescue! We made it down the hill, and next time we will be a little bit more prepared, like long pants, a pacifier, and a shorter hike. So many beautiful hikes, only a couple free Saturdays in our summer!



Anyone want to come with us next time?

Comments

Super Angie said…
Fun!!!!! (Even the skinned knees, crying baby, etc.) Someday your kiddos will have good memories of family hikes. Either that, or they'll resent you for life. :) Here's hoping for the first one!
Look at you Leah Young, Teen With a Vision! Sounds like fun---I'll come next time I'm in town :)
Andrea Grover said…
After one day hike with a very grumpy one-year-old, we decided we'd rather get the kids a sitter and go on hikes by ourselves. You're brave!
I am laughing--not because you baby hurt him self--but because we have been in your shoes--HIke hike hike--and then all hell breaks loose and you just want to throw yourself off the edge to end the misery--lol

You both have more patience than me--I suppose I shoudl try hiking with Wade--who knew Skeeter would make such a good pack mule!!lol
WT said…
We'll come next time! I love hiking.. Will doesn't, but he's a great baby entertainer! Hey, we are having a housewarming/b-day party on the 20th of June down here in Sandy... You guys are welcome if you can make it. Playing some vball at the park and eating snacks at the new pad.

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged