Oh what a week

We had quite a week last week. On Monday I went to Logan for my Grandmother's funeral. It was a nice celebration of her life. We learned that Rylan has issues with dead bodies. So we went in to see Grandma one last time and I told him that he didn't have to if he didn't want to but he said that he did so we got about 6 feet away and that is as close as he wanted to get which was fine. Then he got distracted by cousins. A couple minutes later one of the men from the mortuary kindly pulled the kids aside next to Grandma and explained that this is Grandma's body but it really isn't her, her spirit which makes up who she is, has gone. During his explanation Rylan started to wobble around, he turned around and looked at me and said out loud, "I FEEL SO WOBBLY" and his face was stark white! There was no color his his beautiful red lips, they were white. I knew something was wrong so I quickly ran to the bathroom with him (Anna thankfully took Madelyn from my arms) just in time for him to pass out then wake up and puke in the toilet. He also had some trouble on the other end, but I will save Rylan the embarrassment by not talking about it. So after the funeral we went to Grandma's house and were able to pick out some things of hers that we wanted. I was so happy that my siblings and cousins weren't greedy little animals. I thought we were all pretty respectful of Grandma and each other.

Scott wasn't able to go to the funeral because he was in a combative course that he could not miss. To prepare for this he had to buy a mouth guard. Scott did something very special to his mouth guard to prepare for this training. Imagine about ready to fight a guy, you size him up, take a look at his face then he smiles at you and you see this...

Apparently he did this in high school when he wrestled. Silly Scott.
Scott came home every night that week with new bruises all along his arm, chest and back. He took a couple blows to the head causing bumps, and he had mat burn on his feet, and a nasty rash in his arm-pits. But with all that he is trained in Jujitsu. If you are in a fight you want this guy on your side.

Also this week we had the pleasure of having Scott's Grandma and Grandpa come visit! We call them Oma and Opa because Grandma Bonnie's husband is from Germany and Oma and Opa mean Grandma and Grandpa in German. We had so much fun with them! They took Rylan out to lunch and then bought him a bird house and bird book so he can attract his own birds in the yard. After it was all set up he kept wondering when the birds were going to come already! We caught him standing on our deck whistling at all the birds and pointing to the birdhouse. He wants to make a sign to help the birds find it. Oma and Opa brought all sorts of surprises including a dump truck, and a construction set, but we like to call it a contraption set. You can build all sorts of things, a perfect gift for an engineer in training! Thanks Opa. When we were saying our goodbyes Oma asked jokingly if Rylan wanted to come live with her and he said yes! He left the room and started bringing out his clothes all ready to pack it up and leave with her and Opa. He was ready and very willing! They must have made a great impression on him, because he was quite upset when they left.

They also let us go swimming in their hotel pool...





Opa got these cute photos of the kids...




Comments

So fun! I don't blame Rylan! I can't go very close to a dead body for some reason either.....hopefully the second coming will come soon and then we can all just be twinkled so we don't have to worry about that! haha LOVE YOUR BLOG!! So awesome! You guys have soo much fun!
I can't stand that I live so far away from you guys!!! Madelyn is getting sooooo big so so adorable! And Rylan is hilarious, as always! I have NEVER seen a dead body I can imagine that I would react just like Rylan--I mean, I squirm when I see an insect :) I miss you my friend. Lets hang out. PS Scott, you're wearing your cowboy shirt again--the death mouth guard and the cowboy shirt really work together. Quite the fashion statement :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep