What we have been up to

It has been a while since I last posted..why because since Maddy learned to crawl I feel like all I have been doing is watching her and keeping her from hurting herself and baby proofing the house all over again. She keeps us busy. She can now pull herself up and can slowly "cruise" around things. She can stand for quite a while too.

She spotted herself in the mirror...

Since she has learned to pull herself up to things it takes her a lot longer to go to sleep. I used to just put her in bed after a little snuggle time and she would just fall asleep on her own. But now...she instantly rolls over and crawls to the edge and pulls herself up and talks and throws stuff out of her crib, and whimpers a little. So I go back in there lay her down, cover her up, give her her duck and leave. She pulls herself back up in seconds. So we do this routine about 10-15 times until she gives up and goes to sleep. This is her one afternoon after she woke up, I made those letters for her room.


What else have we been up to..oh yeah for mothers day Scott's mom came to visit for a quick trip. It was so fun to have her especially on mother's day! We took her up to Ensign Peak, then lunch at Tucano's Brazilian Grill, where they literally bring you meat on a stick and cut a slice off for you!


On Sunday morning Scott and Rylan made me and mom french toast. We gave mom some Michael Buble CD's (who we love) and Scott gave me the Best of Michael Jackson, why? Because I secretly love his old stuff and sing it out loud but I don't know the right lyrics, so now I can listen to it all I want and learn what he is really singing. Rylan gave me a board game called Sorry Sliders, it is pretty fun. Scott said that when they were shopping for me, Rylan kept picking out HUGE jewelry and saying things like, "oh she will love this," "we have to give her this it is the only way she will know we love her." Funny.

On Sunday morning after breakfast Grammy headed home and we went to Logan to be with my Grandma Erma who was suffering from pancratic cancer, and it had spread all over her body and the doctor gave her 2 weeks to live. So we skipped church and spent the day with her and my mom and dad and uncle, two cousins (who go to school in Provo) and my brother Ira and his family. She passed away yesterday. She was 90 years old! As sharp as any young whipper-snapper I knew, it was hard to see her bed ridden and not that responsive. I know it was hard for her even with how crappy she felt to be spoon fed and being helped to go to the bathroom. Thankfully my parents were there and my aunts and uncle as well to help her and be with her towards the end. She was an amazing woman who has left a lasting impression and legacy in my mind. I love you Grandma Erma.

Comments

Sorry about the passing of your grandma. ((HUGS)). It's hard! Call if you need a chat :)

Maddy's dress is ADORABLE! I want one in my size :)

I never realized how much Ry has Scott's smile! He even does the 'smile so the teeth don't show' thing. hilarious.

Scott's shirt looks like he went shopping in Uncle Staten's closet! haha. :) All he needs is some long curly hair and a guitar. Ta-da... twins :)

You look beautiful as always. I love your hair! Cute cut and style. :)

You guys are one cute family!!
Super Angie said…
I'm glad you got to spend some time with your grandma. I'll never regret the time I spent with my grandma the week before she died.

This is kind of unrelated, but I want to start quilting... Any suggestions about good beginner kits?
I'm so sorry about your Grandma. I've been thinking about you all week and been meaning to call and wish you happy MOther's day! I love you!
PS rockin' family pics---you guys look like the perfect family :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged