The Golden Bike

About two weeks ago the weather here was insanely nice and we broke out all the outdoor play stuff including our bikes. Rylan received a bike last summer and when I bought it for him I thought I would be smart and buy a bike that was a little bit big for him so he could grow into it. He rode it all last summer, with a little help, his feet barely touch the ground but he can get on and off alright. Well when we pulled it out this summer I had hoped that he had grown a little and maybe he would be able to ride it a bit easier. Well he must have not grown that much because he was still having issues. He can't start off very easy with his scrawny legs and when I saw the neighbor kid getting off his bike just to give Rylan a little push I though ok we need to get him a bike to use until he grows into his bigger bike. But I didn't want to spend a lot on the bike if he was only going to use it for possibly this summer. So we went to the D.I. where they were selling used kids bike for $8! Unfortunately they didn't have any boy bikes his size that were in good shape. So we found a girly purple bike and decided to paint it. What a fun activity I thought this would be for me to do with my son (Scott was in Wisconsin). After we purchased the bike we went to the store to pick out paint. I told Rylan that he could choose any paint color he wanted, (secretly thinking that he would most definitely pick blue since he tells me all the time that blue is his favorite color). He looked up and down the aisle and without question found the color he wanted it to be....GOLD! What gold, oh dear that is a little flashy don't you think. "Mama, no one in our neighborhood has a GOLD bike." Well he was right about that. So after our paint job this is the finished product....don't laugh he is very proud of it.


With his storm trooper outfit on his gold bike he is bound to turn some heads!

Comments

Andrea Grover said…
Don't you just love D.I.? We go there at least once a month just to check it out.

By the way, that golden bike is majestic.
He's so awesome!!

Rock on Ry... Rock on.
Super Angie said…
Rylan is not officially the coolest kid I know. Not surprising, considering his heritage...
Even though I've heard this story before, even seen THE Gold Bike with my own eyes, I still laughed OUT LOUD when I read this. I can just picture Rylan making his paint selection---he is just such a fun kid Leah, you are a great mom!
Anonymous said…
i think that is the coolest bike I have evry seen!!! I love it!

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged