The Ogden Marathon!!!

Scott did it! He ran 26 miles and survived! I dropped him off in downtown Ogden at 5:00 in the morning so he could take the bus up the canyon. I met him half way with a change of socks and shoes and some encouragement. It was quite nerve-racking waiting for him at the finish. First of all there were sooo many people that by the time I got down there I couldn't get a spot close enough to the finish so I settled for a spot where the volunteers were giving the runners their medals. I couldn't see so I stood up on the camping chair I brought. I am sure I looked quite silly, I was wearing a cowboy hat (to shade my face from the hot sun) and a jean skirt plus there is my expanding belly protruding and here I am standing up on my chair looking anxious. There were runners collapsing right in front of me, throwing up, and looking completely delirious. I even saw a guy who I thought was Scott being carried off into the first aid station yelling in pain of his knee. I thought, "Scott has a hurt knee, i hope he makes it!" But finally when the clock said 4 hours 18 minutes I saw his little head among the crowd and started jumping up and down then realizing that I was in a camp chair I stopped so I wouldn't fall. He got his medal and I yelled his name and he came towards me, but couldn't stop moving so he continued to walk and cool off while I waited for him. I am so proud of my baby. I took care of him the rest of the afternoon. The poor guy was so sore and could hardly walk. Heat packs on his calves and thighs and cold packs on his knees. Scott did this race for his ailing Grandpa who was suffering from liver cancer at the time, he passed away on June 4th.
Comments
Cassie (Holloway) Black