I Love Spring

I guess it is almost summer, but it has been raining lately and today it is going to be warm and sunny! This is our house with some impatiens, delphiniums, and pansies planted in the front (thanks to my mom for her help)!


We have been looking for a swing to hang in our front yard off of the big birch tree, and when we finally found one (at Ikea of all places) we had to get it. Now we need to work on teaching Ry how to pump himself.

What I love to see in my yard. . .

What I HATE to see in my yard. Just when we got the dandelions under control these little weeds started to sprout up. After talking to our neighbor we found out that they are willows, and yeah they look innocent enough, but the roots on these things are DEEP! And if you don't pull up the whole root then it will just come back! We need to invest in some serious poison for them I think.

Our beautiful garden. It is finally planted, from left to right we have strawberry plants, carrots, peas, beans, and corn. I can't wait to start eating what we produce. Like the grass? well that was a topic of debate at our house because Scott mowed the lawn and dumped all the grass on my proposed garden plot. I thought oh how rude! But after I raked it to the side and planted, then made a border around my garden, and around where I planted the seeds it makes a nice mulch and will keep the weeds from popping up around my plants...well that is the hope anyway.
Comments
Take care!
Alison