Grandma & Grandpa Visit
Way back in October I was chatting with my parents who usually have come to visit us in the fall, they couldn't this year because my mom was having cataract surgery on her eyes. So they came for Christmas instead! We had them for 3 whole weeks! We had so much fun with them. Here is dad practicing the piano and my mom and Ian working on our Christmas puzzle.
One day we ventured out downtown, Grandpa, Scott and the kids went to Wonderfest at Navy Pier, while mom and I shopped at Macys, and along Michigan Avenue.
Macys is decorated so cute for the Christmas season. Mom and I loved the window displays:
Growing up we had a 1000 piece Christmas puzzle that we would put together during the month of December. I have been looking for a puzzle I liked for my family to put together and I finally found one and mom was wonderful enough to help me put it together for the first time! I took it apart by sections, so next year when we put it together it won't be as hard.
We took advantage of the warm 40 degree days
and played a lot of games
made frequent stops to our favorite ice cream place Oberweis
There was a lot of snuggling and reading
We went to see the lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo downtown and caught the sun setting on the city
While they were here they received their mission call to Federal Way Washington! They report at the end of February. We also found out where we are moving to in June. . .Hawaii! Scott will be working at Fort Shafter which is a little north of Honolulu. We are sad to leave this area, we have made some life long friends and enjoyed our time here, but we are confident that the adventures we will have in Hawaii will be memorable and we will always be warm!!!
Comments