Girls Camp 2014 -"Savoring the Master's Recipe"
I had such an honor of attending girls camp with my young women this year! After months of planning, organizing and preparing it was finally time to go and enjoy them and the spirit of God. When else can I leave the world behind, enjoy nature and have daily devotionals and scripture studies about my Savior and play and giggle with my fellow leaders and teenage girls!
Here is our before picture, all loaded up and ready to drive the 2 hours to Wesley Woods along Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

I did a little decorating on my car beforehand, but they girls weren't embarrassed by it at all darn it!

Anytime we couldn't find the girls they were always sitting on the dock with their feet in the water.
What is camp without some friendship building activities?!?

Every morning we would have a flag ceremony along the lake
The girls were challenged to create something yummy with these ingredients....
oh and we got another "secret" ingredient, carrots!
I gave Anna my knife and asked her to whittle a stick for s'mores and she became a whittling expert! She always had that knife and a stick and was creating something new.
President Duffield's objects lessons are always the best! Plus he used Missy as one of his objects, she was so happy, look at that smile!
There was a little smack talk on the volleyball court, one night we played until we couldn't see and were getting hit in the face by the ball!
Bishop Bennett came to visit us

I don't think he quite knew what he was getting into by joining this wild crew!
The girls made some marvelous crafts
and did a lot of braiding. . . (aren't these sisters adorable!)
We did a really awesome service project with an organization called "Send a Smile Today." We made homemade cards for cancer patients.
Our girls became so close in friendship, unity and love, and as a leader trying to get that out of them all year then seeing it happen in a week was priceless!
The ONLY time we heard a little complaining was when our chore for the day was to clean the disgusting bathrooms, and I don't blame them they were NASTY! Look at those classic faces!

Aren't my girls just beautiful! They were so great, we never had a problem with any of them.
Making fabric headbands, a ward that crafts together stays together!
Singing by the campfire. . .

Kim (on the left) was the other leader that I served with and Liberty (middle) is from our ward but was mostly helping the Stake leaders. Kim and I had such a fun time together, I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time, she is hilarious! She has a wonderful outlook on life and is so kind and loving to the girls, she doesn't take crap from anyone either. I truly love her like my sister, (even though she snores a little). She was having some struggles before we came to camp like they needed to find a new place to live and she had lost her job....but during the week of girls camp, she got a new job and they found and bought a house! I know she was blessed by being there and I was definitely blessed by serving with her. Kimber-leah forever! haha
The "after" picture we took when we arrived back home. It was a great week!
Here is our before picture, all loaded up and ready to drive the 2 hours to Wesley Woods along Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
I love this, Jolie and Genna saying goodbye to their baby sister!
I did a little decorating on my car beforehand, but they girls weren't embarrassed by it at all darn it!
This was the gorgeous view I was able to see everyday!
As soon as we got there we decorated our cabins, and jumped in the lake for a swim test!

Anytime we couldn't find the girls they were always sitting on the dock with their feet in the water.
Our theme was "Savoring the Master's Recipe" which meant discussing the "recipe" or instructions on what we need to do to return to our Heavenly Father, and "savoring" it, with a fun baking/cooking twist.
Missy our champion swimmer! Nothing was going to keep her out of the water....I mean nothing! When she would wear this hat she would call herself "DIVA!" It was so neat to see the girls embrace Missy and love her for who she is at camp, not just the girls from our ward but all the girls from all the other wards loved her and took care of her two. Everyone knew who Missy was at the end!

Every morning we would have a flag ceremony along the lake
The girls were challenged to create something yummy with these ingredients....
oh and we got another "secret" ingredient, carrots!
I gave Anna my knife and asked her to whittle a stick for s'mores and she became a whittling expert! She always had that knife and a stick and was creating something new.
President Duffield's objects lessons are always the best! Plus he used Missy as one of his objects, she was so happy, look at that smile!
There was a little smack talk on the volleyball court, one night we played until we couldn't see and were getting hit in the face by the ball!
Bishop Bennett came to visit us

I don't think he quite knew what he was getting into by joining this wild crew!
The girls made some marvelous crafts
and did a lot of braiding. . . (aren't these sisters adorable!)
We did a really awesome service project with an organization called "Send a Smile Today." We made homemade cards for cancer patients.
Our girls became so close in friendship, unity and love, and as a leader trying to get that out of them all year then seeing it happen in a week was priceless!
The ONLY time we heard a little complaining was when our chore for the day was to clean the disgusting bathrooms, and I don't blame them they were NASTY! Look at those classic faces!

Aren't my girls just beautiful! They were so great, we never had a problem with any of them.
Making fabric headbands, a ward that crafts together stays together!
Singing by the campfire. . .
Honestly though my favorite time was when the girls would come snuggle up with me and Kim before bed and we would just talk about everything, and laugh until we were sick!

Kim (on the left) was the other leader that I served with and Liberty (middle) is from our ward but was mostly helping the Stake leaders. Kim and I had such a fun time together, I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time, she is hilarious! She has a wonderful outlook on life and is so kind and loving to the girls, she doesn't take crap from anyone either. I truly love her like my sister, (even though she snores a little). She was having some struggles before we came to camp like they needed to find a new place to live and she had lost her job....but during the week of girls camp, she got a new job and they found and bought a house! I know she was blessed by being there and I was definitely blessed by serving with her. Kimber-leah forever! haha














Comments