Back to School 2014

 

 You know what that picture means. . .? Back to school time!  Here are the kids' routines in the morning and afternoon, and chores for the week.  Whew that summer went by fast.

 In 5th grade here you start middle school!  Rylan has a locker and a combination lock, 8 different classes and a new school to learn!  He was pretty thrilled to be given so much responsibility. He was only a little nervous he told me.

 I was more nervous than he was!  We were able to "move him in" a couple days before school started to get his locker organized and find where his classes are.
 On the first day of school it was pouring rain, so we had to take our 1st day of school pictures inside, NOT what I was imagining.  Rylan looks a but annoyed doesn't he, but Madelyn was SO excited!  She had been waiting for this day for months ever since she went to a Kindergarten orientation way back in May. 
 The first day went great, Rylan didn't want me to take him to school but his bus was really late so I ended up having to, but he kindly let me know that I could just drop him off.   Madelyn wanted me to take her on her first day, I think the rain spooked her a bit.  A couple weeks ago when we had left Idaho and I was crying I told the kids that I would disguise my crying with my sunglasses, so no one would know.
On the way to the school Madelyn said, "did you get your sunglasses mom, because if you cry when you say goodbye to me I am going to be embarrassed?"  What?

We drove up to the school, parked and I walked her to the door thinking that I could walk her into her class, but a teacher stopped me in the front door and said that they weren't letting parents in, it was too hard on the kids.  *glup*  I bit my lip and bent down to Madelyn (under our umbrella) and told her that this nice teacher was going to take her to her class and that it was time to say good bye....she gave me a quick half hug, and yelled "bye" as she was running toward the door!  She was off and ready! I didn't even have time to cry!

The next day was sunny so we took better pictures
 Rylan the big 5th grader:

Some facts about Rylan-
Favorite color: black
Favorite show: Crash & Bernstein
Favorite outfit: my hoodie that has a face mask in it
Favorite book: Calvin & Hobbes
Favorite food: apples
What sport do you like best: track & football
What song do you love: Life is a Highway (by Rascal Flatts) & Right Now (by Van Halen)
Who is your best friend: Megan
What do you want to be when you grow up: Architect
What are you really good at: creating
Where do you wish you could go on vacation: Hawaii
What is your best memory: when we went to Washington D.C.
What would you buy if you had $1000: save for my mission, and some on Legos
If you could have a wish granted what would it be: to have one big building and have all my friends and family live in it together
Who is your biggest hero: my mom and dad
What do you like to do most with your friends: sports outside and Minecraft
What do you hope to learn in 5th grade: I want to learn how to run fast on the cross country team




 Madelyn the Kindergartener-
Favorite color: pink, purple, and also red and blue and all the colors in the rainbow
Favorite show: My Little Pony
Favorite outfit: my Frozen dress dad bought me
Favorite book: The Critter Club series
Favorite food: pizza
What sport do you like best: riding bikes
What song do you love: You're Going to Miss Me When I'm Gone (Cups by Anna Kendrick)
Who is your best friend: Tatum & Giselle, and Ian too
What do you want to be when you grow up: someone who trains horses or a jewel scientist
What are you really good at: gymnastics
Where do you wish you could go on vacation: Hawaii
What is your best memory: the zoo, because I like animals
What would you buy if you had $1000: mostly a Easy Bake Oven or a puppy
If you could have a wish granted what would it be: that I could have wings
Who is your biggest hero: I don't know Superman....no how about dad
What do you like to do most with your friends:  paint nails
What do you hope to learn in Kindergarten: mostly reading and playing with toys

Here she is walking to the bus stop, it is just three houses down our street, don't worry she rides with our 3rd grade neighbor.  She also takes the Kindergarten bus home from school, she gets home at about 12:25pm.  That backpack is about as big as her!
                                             


The first couple days were a success!  They both were really happy, Rylan remembered his combination, and found all of his classes and is excited for the year.  Madelyn told me that she didn't talk that much but that she raised her hand about 5 times to answer questions and that there is a girl named Kate (which is her middle name) who has a horse backpack and they are going to be good friends  because they both love horses.



We can't forget about our little Ian
Favorite color: blue and all the colors in the rainbow
Favorite show:  Paw Patrol
Favorite outfit: the Dinosaur Train one (which is what he was currently wearing)
Favorite book: The Monster at the End of the Book
Favorite food: PB&J sandwiches
What sport do you like best: running and jumping
What song do you love: I am a Child of God
Who is your best friend: Kendall, Giselle & Madelyn
What do you want to be when you grow up: Doctor
What are you really good at: playing ball like rollerball
Where do you wish you could go on vacation: To get blueberries for you, Maddy, Rylan, and dad
What is your best memory: when I was playing with all my toys like my switch and go Dinos
What would you buy if you had $1000: a Dinosaur pet
If you could have a wish granted what would it be: a big boy bike
Who is your biggest hero: mom
What do you like to do most with your friends: play monsters
What do you hope to learn in Mommy preschool: to play hockey

I have some pretty wonderful children!

Comments

Margaret said…
I love your children!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep