Chicago=Great Date Nights
Living near the city has its perks! One of my Christmas presents from Scott were Phantom of the Opera tickets at the fancy Cadillac Palace theater downtown. My wonderful friend Jacquie insisted on taking our kids not for just the show but for the whole day! We dropped them off in the morning and headed downtown and did a bit of shopping at Macy's, had lunch, then went to our show.
Walking to the theater. . .
The show was amazing, I had grown up listening to songs from the play but had never seen it before. Scott was such a trooper, there were a couple times when I would look over at him and he would have a look on his face like, "what the heck is going on and why am I here?" OR "this is the weirdest thing ever!" Then he would look over at me and smile lovingly at me and squeeze my hand. Such a good husband I have!
This is inside Macy's, the biggest department store I have ever seen! They were having a great sale on winter coats and since we were in the middle of the coldest winter ever we justified getting me the plushest, warmest, most elegant down coat, I love it!
Walking to the theater. . .
It was gorgeous inside with red carpets and gold accents and tapestries along the walls.
The show was amazing, I had grown up listening to songs from the play but had never seen it before. Scott was such a trooper, there were a couple times when I would look over at him and he would have a look on his face like, "what the heck is going on and why am I here?" OR "this is the weirdest thing ever!" Then he would look over at me and smile lovingly at me and squeeze my hand. Such a good husband I have!
In February a friend of ours had extra tickets to the Auto Show Charity Event. The Auto Show comes every year where they display the new models of all major car companies. They also have all the fancy cars like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Bentleys etc. Scott was in heaven! The charity event is the first night of the show and you can get the first look at the new cars and sit inside all of them including the super expensive ones mentioned above. The rest of the nights that the show is open the fancy cars are locked up and you can only look at them from a far. The charity night is also a night to dress up and look your best. It is black tie, and Scott does not keep a tux on hand, except for his dress blues that are considered formal attire! We met up with some friends and had a blast. Scott also got hit on by a couple women while I was in the bathroom and when he went off with just the guys! Can't say I blame those women, there is just something about a man in uniform!
Comments