Rexburg Part 2

I drove back to Rexburg and since the cousins had such a good time playing, and we didn't want to say goodbye, Margaret decided to come to Rexburg too!  She came a couple days after I did so that gave us more time to prepare for a little 40th birthday party!
 
Mom and I collected some cute photos of her and made a collage,
 Grandpa and Rylan hung balloons
 We had her favorite dinner my mom makes which is Chicken in Tai peanut sauce over noodles.  We ate then watched some slides of her, yes I said slides!  My mom and dad have a slide projector that we grew up watching and we each have trays of slides (that my sister Margaret organized, bless her heart) of just pictures of us.

The slide show was cut short because some silly kids tripped on the cord and the bulb broke, darn!  We finished the evening off with brownies and ice cream honoring my super cute sister who does NOT look 40!

The kids started where they left off, "glorious commotion" my mom would say!

They put a large cardboard box on the stairs and slid down on their pillows!

 They did this for hours!

Ian fell in love with a cheerleader puppet he named Lisa Fox


My dad makes the best pancakes ever!  He calls them Flappy Jackies.  He let Maddy and Lizzie help.



                                      I do not eat pancakes that often, when I make them for my kids I usually don't eat them, but I always devour my dads!  The secret is in the buttermilk!
                                      
We learned how to play Scrabble together on our phones/tablets.  Rylan really got into it, here he is challenging Margie!

 
The kids waiting for Grandpa's luxurious pool to be filled up



 Sitting in the water was not enough for Ben, he had to JUMP in!
 Then they all tried it!


 Grandpa even joined them
 the kids loved that!
 Especially when he told them that they could dump water on him!


I had to get a picture of this hottie doing some stretches!

 Lizzy's little bum cheek
 Uncle Ira set up a huge water slide with tarps, a hose, and some dish soap in his yard!  I don't know how this started but for some reason the kids started sitting on top of Ira and sliding down!  They thought this was hilarious!  Poor Ira was pretty sore the next day!   The love he has for his nieces and nephews!
 

The kids love their cousin M'Lynn!

 
Teralyn is pretty funny too!

Oh and Grace my other niece was a lifesaver. She would come and play with the kids for hours, Ian and Madelyn loved to have her come over and play with them.  I felt like I was able to get a real break from them, because they were so distracted by her! Wish I had her close by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep