Grangeville

I tearfully left Rexburg early on a Saturday to pick Scott up from the Boise airport by noon, so we could make our way up to Grangeville to see his family.  His sister Breezi drove from Ohio to be there!  Do you know how long it has been since we have all been together, with no one missing?  I think it was when Alli and Rylan were babies!  We also got to play with Lexi!  Here Maddy and her are putting on a musical singing concert!
 
 Alli and Rylan are playing a silly game:


 Tea parties with Grammy!
 We took the kids to Lewiston with Chip & Breezi's famiily to meet up with some friends (Lindsey why on earth did we not take a picture!) and go swimming in the Snake River. We also stopped at Taco Time.  The Taco Time in Lewiston is better than any other Taco Time anywhere else. Seriously!

Can you see the very white hot guy standing in the top right corner?





Sunset at the Hoogland house, gorgeous!
 Alli and Rylan planned to wear matching shirts (their Oma bought these shirts for them when they were visiting her last summer)
 We happened to be there during the annual Border Days which happens during the 4th of July.
Ian participated in his first street sports, see him in the little yellow outfit?
 Aunt Breezi was there to help him finish
 Rylan in the orange in the middle of the picture

Ian and his papa
 Maddy and I ran together in the all girls race!


Rylan and Maddy both won gold fish at the fish pond, but I said no way, pick a prize instead!  I was not driving across America with stinky fish in my lap!
 Parade time!
 Grammy was pulling a float for the Chamber of Commerce and she let Rylan and Alli ride with her and throw candy!
 Papa bought Ian this cute hat!  He was about done in this picture, it was past his nap time.
 Whenever Scott comes to visit, dad takes this as an opportunity to go get hay for the winter.  Chip was there to help too!


 The boys were covered in hay!

 One of our favorite Border Day activities is the RODEO!
 My little cowboys!
 Love this picture of Grammy and Ian


 Ian, Maggie and Madelyn
 I just couldn't stop taking pictures of Ian and his cute outfit!
 The kids ready to grab a ribbon that is tied around a calf, Rylan really wanted to win this year since next year he will be too old to play. He had a good strategy, he just wasn't in the right place at the right time and someone else got to the calf before he did.

 Some egg toss pictures


 My cute kiddos
 Alli and Rylan made a train out of cardboard boxes for the kiddie parade.  They let Maggie and Madelyn walk along side them too!




 They got popsicles at the end!

Ian is ready for the parade!

Another day of egg tossing, I love this picture of Scott and Lliam in the behind the back throw!
 


Adah the great just as cute and sassy as ever!
 Here is the whole family!
 
 Breezi and I took a Mondo Bag class at mom's fabric shop, the finished product:


We took the kids to a drive in with our cousin Kezia (she is the blur walking by)


 

 Went fishing

 Ian was more interested in throwing pinecones


 Alli our niece caught her first fish with the help of her Uncle Scott!  Then she caught two more! 

 Maddy caught one too!

 
Grammy reading a story to Maddy and Ian
 
This was the first time that Adah the Great had all of her grandkids together in one place!  We had to get a picture!
We had a glorious time together, there is nothing like family!
 
Grammy begged us to let Rylan and Alli stay with her for a month! So we had to say goodbye to our extended family AND Rylan.
 They are having a fantastic time, and are getting to do plenty of fun things there like running a lemonade stand and donating the money to a animal shelter 
walking in a Relay for Life,
swimming at the city pool and the neighbors pond
talking on a radio station
going to the library multiple times a week (it is right next to Grammy's shop)
Rylan made his own bow and arrow
Harry Potter marathon
going to Silverwood which is a theme park that we grew up going to in the summer)
plus many other fun things.   

Before we left I found this note, remember when you were a kid and you were too shy to say something to some ones face so you wrote them a note?


It says:
Rylan: Dear Alli, I'm sorry that I called you freak show.
Alli:  I forgive you.

Aww isn't that nice cousin love!  I am happy that they can have this time to get to know each other and have fun together, and take a break from their younger siblings.  I do miss him though!

Comments

Lisa Fox said…
Oh my gosh this post just looks like "FUN" I love all the rodeo pics and sometimes my inner cowgirl just screams to come out! Love it!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep