Halloween

We were able to celebrate Halloween twice this year!  Our ward had a party which I didn't take any pictures at except for right before we left the house. 
Rylan:  Calvin from the comic Calvin & Hobbes
Madelyn: a mermaid
Ian: a cowboy
 M'Lynn was a Packers fan, she had just gotten her hair cut and so she styled it into a mowhawk and put eyeliner under her eyes.  I was a cowgirl but didn't take a picture but someone at the party did, so I will have to see if I can get a copy. I was busy "man"-ing the bouncy house...whoa those kids were crazy!  The YW were also in charge of face painting(which M'Lynn did) and a fish pond, and freeze dance the kids had so much fun.  I believe there was also a cake walk, and something with shooting marshmallows?  Then we went around to all the classrooms and trick-or-treated since our building and parking lot is under construction, we stayed inside.


M'Lynn spraying Rylan's hair yellow
Then on the actual Halloween night we got invited to Trick-or-Treat with our friends the Fox family.  the Korellas were there too. As soon as Rylan got off the bus at 4:00 he rushed inside and changed...then when he came out in shorts I told him that he needed to wear warm clothes on underneath, well he thought that would be stupid and threw about a 15 minute fit about it...times like this I miss Scott who was in California working!
 Notice Ian's costume change, this was more suitable for the cold weather, it was about 55 degrees.

Madelyn and Jillian, her teacher.  Every time we go over to their house they run upstairs and play school. Madelyn loves her!
 These were the only boys, Rylan & Jacob (who is Madelyn's age), they were also the diehards and ran from house to house!
 Ian loved that he got to hold a mini lightsaber that actually lit up when you pushed a button! Thanks Grammy, that came in handy!  Isn't he the cutest Yoda!  I made this costume for Maddy when she was 2. 
 His bucket very soon got heavy and he couldn't lift it very well and every time I asked him if I could hold it he would say, "no, my pumpkin" so he decided to drag it.  He was a couple steps behind the rest of the kids for the whole night.  He would start yelling "tick-o-teet" about 20 feet before he got to the door and would keep saying it until the person at the door acknowledged him.  He also said thank you a couple times on his own!
 After he would walk away he would, say "more candy?!" and we would show him to the next house, he liked this idea of begging for candy!

 The 2 and under kiddos

 The cold, worn out Mamma's!  I love these women, Lisa & Jacquie, they have been so good to me since I moved in.  We all went to the gym the day after and worked our tails off together...because we all ate this feast the night before
Lisa made dinner in a pumpkin, lady finger rolls, mummy hot dogs, these divine beef-cheese-bacon appetizers, a fruit salad, Jacquie made chili, and brought our favorite snack Chicago Mix popcorn (that seems to appear every time we are together actually!) and I brought a veggie platter and some jello worms! Oh and we had pumpkin rolls for dessert!  Everything was so yummy and warmed us right up from being out in the cold.

It was a very fun Halloween the only thing missing was Scott :(  I did score some costumes for next year at the after Halloween sale at Target today.  What did I get? You will have to wait for next year!

Comments

Lisa Fox said…
I love you Leah!!! I can still remember the first time talking to you in the hall at church. I walked away and thought..we are so going to be friends. SO GLAD we are!! You and Jacquie are amazing and I am so blessed to know you guys!!
Heather said…
What a fun Halloween! Ian looked so cute as Yoda!

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged