Quilts and Juice

While Scott was in South Carolina my sister Margaret came to visit to help me juice my grapes and go to a quilt show that was right here in Layton. First we had to pick them and we didn't even get them all! Ben and Maddy had a blast holding the grapes and eating them. They had juice running down their shirts and sticky faces.





Then we put the kids to bed and got started. I inherited my mothers steam juicer but somehow lost the hose that goes with it so I stopped in to ACE hardware (love that place) and they helped me out, a person, a actual man asked ME if I needed help and knew what he was talking about and was able to help!
So we started at 8 p.m. and by 11 we had to stop we were so dead tired! I continued to juice the following two days and ended up with 16 quarts and 12 pints. I could have kept going but we were leaving town so we took the remaining grapes up to Scott's parents neighbors. However there are still plenty on the vine and I haven't even started the red grapes yet! Maybe next week.




Margaret discovered that there was a quilt show in Layton, how exciting! There were some real beauties! This was the grand prize winner,

and this was my favorite...

As I was putting down my favorite on a piece of paper and putting it into a box I over heard some ladies talking about it and I announced that it was my favorite and the artist was right there! I told her it was my favorite and she looked surprised. The best part of the quilt show were the vendors! Oh there were so adorable things! I bought a quilt pattern that you will be seeing soon. What a fun couple days with my sister!

Comments

Andrea Grover said…
YOUR grapes?! You grow those in your yard? Man alive ... that's a lot of juice.

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep