Our little Angel


On Sunday we had Madelyn's blessing. We had so many of our family come to be with us. My brother Jared and his family, wife Heather, Porter, Carson, Grace and Heather's mother Hallie, sister Anna, sister Margaret, Jeff, and Erica, Grandma and Grandpa, and the Kikkert family!
Isn't she so sweet,she is wearing the dress I was blessed in. I am glad that her little acne went away, she is such a beautiful baby, i love her little smile, but I can hardly get one on camera. When ever I get the camera out to take one of her smile she just looks at the camera and will not smile.

Anna took this picture of her and it is the closest to a smile I have seen.

Anyway back to the blessing . . .


Here is a funny story, Rylan went to church early with Scott to get the paper work done for the blessing with the clerk and Scott told him that we were going to bless Madelyn that day and Rylan said he needed to tell Scott what to say, but not now, later. So sacrament meeting starts and it is time to bless her and Scott and all the men go up to bless her and Rylan walks through the pew and walks past me and keeps going like he was walking up with them. I grabbed him just in time and asked him where he was going, and he said that he was going to bless the baby. I told him that only the big boys that had the priesthood could go up there and help dad bless the baby, well he was quite angry at me and kept trying to break away from my hug and run up there. He was mad at dad for the misunderstanding. So, later that day to make up for it I asked if he wanted to say a special prayer over his baby sister and he thought that was a great idea so we got everyone together and let him be in charge and say a prayer. He said something about how he blessed her that she would grow up big and strong with big muscles. Then when he was done he said, "that's it."


We put cute little Ben in his blessing outfit next to Maddy, I think we started a tradition everytime we get them together we are going to lay them next to each other.

Comments

OHH MY GOODNESS! Maddy looks like a little china doll. She is so precious.

I love that Ry blessed that she can have strong muscles!
What a man.

Popular posts from this blog

She's HERE!

Our new nephew!

I've been picture tagged