Who is Madelyn?
So we were able to come home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Finally! We had to stay for an extra 24 hours because of the infection I had that "could" have been passed to Madelyn, they wanted us to stay to make sure she didn't get it. She didn't, so we headed home as soon as they would let us. We were welcomed home by Rylan, Grandma and Grandpa Young, and some pink balloons and a yummy turkey that was left by Grammy Jody. Madelyn is such a sweetheart! I love, love, love to have a baby in our home. Here is a list of things about Madelyn's little personality so far:
1. She is a screamer! She doesn't give you much warning, when she is upset whether you are changing her diaper, or she is hungry she has this wail that sounds like a dying cat. Very sad.
2. She loves her daddy's voice. Scott has calmed her down a number of times just by talking to her.
3. She loves to nuzzle her face into things, this doesn't surprise us because everytime we had an ultrasound done she was always pressing her face up into the placenta. She slept very well last night and I had to check on her to see if she was alive and she was completely content with her hand, arm or blanket on her face.
4. She LOVES to eat! Or it could be again the nuzzling thing she likes so much, but I feel like I am constantly nursing her, which I will gladly accept because Rylan was the complete opposite, and still is by the way (I have to force him to eat).

Daddy and Madelyn bonding at the hospital, the nurses were very impressed.

Rylan was unfortunately sick, so he had to wear a mask, but he was excited to because he knows that doctors wear them. While holding her for the first time he said, "Oh she is so cute!"


We were taking a nap together and she was just so cute I couldn't sleep, I just gawked at her and took pictures. I know I should get some rest, but I am still on a adrenaline rush of how beautiful she is and how much I love her.
Comments