M'Lynn's Wedding
In September 2020 M'Lynn reached out to me and said that they were able to get an appointment for a temple sealing. She asked if I was able to come because she would like me to be in the sealing room, but that she was in no way pressuring me to come if it was too much to fly over. I felt so sick about missing her sealing but the idea of flying over amid the covid thing was making me so anxious. I physically felt sick about it and was crying about it for about two days. I asked Margaret to ask Jeff what flying was like and if he thought it was safe since he has been flying for his job. They called me back and Jeff told me about the airplane air filtration system and how they are taking a lot of precautions. I texted back and forth with mom and dad asking if they felt comfortable with me staying with them, they said that they would be ok with it. I finally just felt that I needed to pray about it and afterward I felt calm and at peace with my decision to go, so I flew over on October 1st. The planes were packed and I had to sit close to strangers, but they kept to themselves and we all wore masks. My first flight was delayed so I had to rebook my second flight, but then the first flight ended up being about 45 minutes quicker than it said it would so I totally could have made it, but my stop in Dallas was much more relaxing and I probably would have been stressed to find the connection. I texted Anna and she was waiting in the cell lot and was able to pick me up and we started our drive to Rexburg with a stop at Subway for some dinner. When we arrived in Rexburg, Margaret, mom, and dad were there waiting for us. We all went over to Ira and Teralyn’s to finally meet Kate and Payton.
We did all of our favorites, we went to Cafe Rio for lunch, stopped at Dessert book, got cookies at Crumbl,
and went shopping at Downeast. We shared a dressing room and tried on about 15 dresses between
the 3 of us. It was so fun and we each got a dress. Margie and I choose the same one. We had a family dinner at mom and dad's house and I think Margaret or maybe Anna had the idea to recreate some kid pictures. We did the classic picture of Muffin’s funeral and one where we are sitting in temple square. They turned out so funny! I requested that we look at some old family slides, and I saw some pictures that I haven’t seen in a long time.
On October 2nd M'Lynn & Payton were sealed! The sealing was so simple & special. M’Lynn looked so beautiful, and they did get to take off their masks when they were kneeling on the alter and for their kiss.
We took pictures outside- drove home to rest for a bit then went to the reception hall for the party. It was mostly family from both sides and some of Ira and Teralyn’s friends. They had a pasta bar, salad, and doughnuts for dessert. They had dancing and everyone was a bit nervous a first but Ira brought the house down and I feel like our family was the only ones really dancing but when slow songs came on some more couples would come out.
It was such a beautiful day and I was so grateful to be there!


Comments