Ian's Turns Six

 The baby in the family turned six in January!  Seriously, where has the time gone?  Ian is such a great kid. He told me that he has a lot of friends at school because he is the "funny kid."  I believe him because he has us cracking up everyday!  I don't know where he comes up with some of the things he says, but all I know is that I need to watch out what I say because he is watching and listening.


 
 He wanted a Pokemon cake for his birthday

He is getting a little bit better at eating, here he is eating my beef enchiladas (which I think are delicious) I just had to document this event because usually he will try what I made and either gag or refuse to eat it so he ends up having a banana or apple for dinner most nights.   I refuse to make him anything different and he has to try what I made in order to get a fruit or vegetable.
 This is our favorite face Ian makes!  He does this when he says something funny or if he calls you out on something.  I think he saw me sneaking a snack into my bed this time.
 He is an excellent swimmer, and he can do a wicked cannonball jump! He asked for a shark fin for his birthday.



Ian and Madelyn are best buds most of the time. Ian doesn't know what to do with himself when Madelyn is not around.  They play Pokemon, house, ninjas, school,  dolphin trainer, mermaids,  but their favorite past time lately is watching kids YouTube and making up their own tutorials or magic tricks.  Here is a picture of them on crazy hair day at school.

Ian has progressed in his writing and drawing.  When school started he would scribble a little and write two words and call it done, but now he is taking the time to really draw details and write down more words.  Here is just one part of a "beginning, middle, end" worksheet he did for  one of his favorite books, Elephant and Piggie.  I just love his little drawings! I volunteer in his class once a week to help kids with their reading, and I love to sneak glimpses of him with his little buddies or being the counting leader.



 He is such a good reader! Having his big sister read to him has really paid off. We go to our small library once a week, and I think he is read almost all of the easy readers! Over our spring break he figured out that he could even read some of Madelyn's 2nd grader chapter books!


He is still my snuggle bug and he likes to sit next to me always which makes my heart melt.  He is shy around people in a big group but really opens up when one on one.  He is very observant, and can recall most of what is happening in any given situation. I often refer to him when Madelyn and Rylan get into a "he said, she said" argument because chances are that Ian saw the whole thing and he is unbiased and can tell me exactly what happened. He does NOT like anything remotely scary and he will leave the room if anything is talked about or seen on TV that gives him a scare.  He loves babies and always gives them special attention. He was invited to a 2 year old birthday party because he is such a good friend to him at church. I cannot say enough good things about this kid, i just love him dearly and I am so proud to be him mom!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep