Pinewood Derby & Dance Recital
Rylan is almost done with cub scouts, he will become a boy scout when he turns 11 in August. This was his last Pinewood Derby. He did so great, and his car was very close to the 2nd and 1st place winners. They had to do a couple tie breakers because the cars were so close. He showed good sportsmanship and was a very gracious winner and loser. He named his car "Black Beauty." He only has a couple more things to earn his arrow of light.
Here he is putting his car on the track with Brother Thatcher
Waiting for the cars to come down
Rylan's car is on the far right
The winners
Good Job Rylan we are so proud of you!
Miss Madelyn has been taking ballet & tap all year with Ms. Carol. She has loved being able to learn fun dances with music. She gets a little frustrated with the other girls in class when they don't do the routine right, haa!
To get ready we did her hair and put on make-up as her teacher requested, she was so excited that she was going to get her make-up done.
Don't you love her hands on the hip pose? Where did she get that? She did two routines one ballet and one tap. For her tap routine she wore feathers on her behind because she did a dance to a song called "Red Robin"
her ballet routine was to "I'm a Little Teapot" and she had on a tutu:
I was a little worried the she would get too nervous to perform, because when I would mention that her recital was coming up she would say, "you mean I have to do it in front of people?" OR "I don't know if I can do it with everyone looking at me." I kept encouraging her and telling her to just look at me or Ms. Carol and that she would be fine. I also may have showed her a Barbie movie about a shy girl becoming a popstar and being brave and giving it everything she's got! I think it worked!
Ian brought his camera to take pictures of her too
Awaiting their turn to performShe did fabulous, we were very proud of our princess and when it was all over she said to me, "I want to do that again!"
Comments