Madelyn's First Day of Preschool
After much debate, I decided that it was time for Madelyn to go to preschool. She won't be able to go to Kindergarten until Fall 2014 because of her September birthday, so we weren't sure if she really needed to go to preschool for two years especially since it is so expensive out here. She was so excited to go, and I was excited to have 2 1/2 hours, twice a week, without her sweet little face in my face, asking me random questions and making me play ponies with her. Here she is on her first day!
Exploring her classroom . . .
playing with some army men, of all the things she could have picked, maybe because her brother doesn't let her play with his army guys?!1?!
She was completely content with her class and when I told her I was going to leave, she said, "ok, bye!" and turned around to play. When I picked her up, she jumped up and ran into my arms, as she happily yelled, "Mommy!" It made my heart melt! She loves it and can't wait to go back.
On Wednesday mornings she started gymnastics with her friend Aubrey. After our good friend Nikki the gymnast in South Carolina, and watching the summer Olympics (she knew a couple of the girls gymnastics team by name.) She begged to try it. So this is her at her fancy gym. She is the the pink leotard with black shorts.
Sneaking a peek at mom watching her through the glass windows
waiting her turn for the trampoline which is her favorite!
All the other pictures I took were completely blurry! So I took some videos instead
She thinks the balance beam is fun too, she is very cautious, but is very proud that she can do it!
When I ask her how class was, she says almost everytime, "Class was good, I didn't get a trophy yet, but I will!
After class the girls posed for a picture, they are so fun to watch! She may be a future olympic champion!

Comments