The Beautiful World Around Us
Last week we were plagued with the flu at our house, first Ian on Saturday night (at our ward chili cook off, poor Scott had Ian puke all over him), me on Sunday night, both Rylan and Scott on Tuesday and Madelyn on Wednesday! Nothing like a virus to ruin your week. The weather was gorgeous however, on Tuesday when Rylan and Scott were sick I took the younger kids out for a walk, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we have walking trails and ponds all around us. We live on a culdesac with no neighbors across the street. We are about the 4th house in out of about 8 houses on the street. At the end of the culdesac is a little trail and this. . .
A gorgeous little pond that connects to a larger pond with a trail that goes around it and into the businesses in our neighborhood.
We saw some ducks, and according to our neighbor there are fish in the pond! In winters past when it gets freezing people ice skate on this pond too, but it didn't get cold enough this winter.
Just past the pond are a couple hotels, businesses and this outdoor mall, all within walking distance, our gym Lifetime Fitness is in the center of this mall.

The kids loved this little waterfall and walking over the bridge, there was a lot of trash around. When it gets warmer Rylan and I talked about passing off one of his cub scout requirements and picking up litter. He wants to invite some of the kids in the neighborhood, and I think that is s good idea.
Just past the pond are a couple hotels, businesses and this outdoor mall, all within walking distance, our gym Lifetime Fitness is in the center of this mall.
The kids loved this little waterfall and walking over the bridge, there was a lot of trash around. When it gets warmer Rylan and I talked about passing off one of his cub scout requirements and picking up litter. He wants to invite some of the kids in the neighborhood, and I think that is s good idea.
Comments