Thanksgiving 2011

For Thanksgiving we went to Oma & Opa's house. We have been so thankful to have them close by (6 hours) to visit while we were in South Carolina.


Uncle Brian was so kind to let Ian get close to the tree and magical train. He was so excited and wanted to jump right on it.




We had a marvelous time hanging out and playing. Oma put on quite the Thanksgiving dinner spread with everything imaginable even some great company. On the day after I ventured out at about 6 in the morning to tackle on some black Friday sales. I was successful, and I got a full night's sleep the night before. I am so glad that I didn't go out in the middle of the night. I later went out with Oma where she spoiled me with my early birthday present: a quilters table and chair!


Uncle Brian took our family pictures that we sent with our Christmas card, they will make their internet debut in a couple days.



The next day Scott and Brian went out to put up the Christmas lights for the house. Well let's just say that the roof was a lot steeper than it looked. Scott got up there and lost his footing and could feel himself slipping and managed to move over so he didn't land on Opa's car that was below him. He also strategically fell a certain way so he wouldn't injure himself that badly. Yes he did all of this in the seconds it took for him to fall, he always says he has reflexes like a cat! Anyway he landed on his feet, but the majority of the hit was on his right heel. He went to the urgent care and he had only bruised it severely and torn some ligaments in his arch.




Poor baby had to lay down for the rest of the day with his foot iced watching football. He also got a sympathy gift from Opa.




That Opa, such a sweetheart. He and Scott enjoying technology.

The night before we left Oma let the kids decorate her tree, it about gave me a heart attack because she was letting them use her breakable ornaments! Only one got dropped, and Oma didn't even care.





Uncle Brian and Sandra playing with Ian.




Look I have a breakable ornament!





Opa helping Maddy reach up high.





Thanks Oma & Opa, we love you, and Brian, and the doggies too!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep