Thriller Encounter
A couple weekends ago we decided to check out downtown Columbia. We were told about a neat store called the Mast General Store. It was pretty cool, lots of candy from when we were kids, fun clothes and unique gifts. After we left we were walking around wondering whether we had it in us to walk all the way to the capital building or not when we saw a person walking strangely up ahead. I honestly at first thought that it was someone with a physical or mental disability, but then I saw more than one and they were walking the same way. As we got closer we could see the tattered clothes and make-up. . . Zombies! There was a bar across the street playing music outside, they had some performers trying to draw some people in. The zombies we saw were now crossing the street over to the bar where we saw more zombies...hum I was suspicious and I could feel in my dancing loins that something was up. I wanted to stick around, but the kids were getting restless so we walked a little, but turned around when we heard "Thriller" by Michael Jackson! By then the spectators had surrounded the group of about 20 zombies dancing. But we could still see some of the famous moves. I don't know if this was a flash mob (I like to think it was) OR if it was a group performing for the bar? After the dance the dancers spread out and walked away, a group of about 5 walked past us and Madelyn must have been staring down hard, because one of the zombies took off her necklace and gave it to her. She was hesitant to take it but we said it was ok...the zombie never broke character though.
She had that same look of shock on her face during the encounter and after. Hilarious! Now I want to learn that dance!
Comments