The Move
Did I mention that we moved? Well a couple weeks ago we were debating on the following options:
A) Leah stays in Layton with the kids in the hopes that our house will sell, while Scott goes to South Carolina from July-Dec then we meet in Illinois in Dec to live for our next 3-5 year term.
B) We find renters for our house in Layton and we ALL go to S.C. and then on to I.L. The housing market is just horrible, there are so many foreclosers around and people are buying those of course because they can get a great deal. It was just too hard to compete.
We decided that the Army pulls as apart enough and that we aren't going to be separated this time. SOOO for the last couple weeks we have been learning how to be landlords (or as Scott calls it slumlords) we found some renters (that was quite the task) and thanks to our friends the Tophams who are going to be our "property managers" we found a cute family who we think will be great renters. At least we hope so.
So on Wednesday & Thursday we had a company come and pack us up then on Friday some big husky guys in muscle shirts and tattoos all over came and moved all our stuff into a huge semi truck. Scott and I had been cleaning for weeks so there wasn't much to do but the floors. We had friends and neighbors offer to take the kids for the last couple days so we could work and get things done. We are now in Rexburg visiting family before we make the trek across America!
I am so physically and emotionally exhausted from saying goodbye to our friends and cleaning. We really had it good there, great friends, within a drive to family...ahhh it will all be ok. I felt like I cried all day yesterday! The neighborhood ladies all signed a apron for me and all wrote their favorite recipe on a notecard and put it in the pocket. So sweet.
Now enough of the pity party, we are on to our NEW ADVENTURE! YAHOO! Stay tuned . . .
Comments
I hope your renters are awesome and that was super, duper sweet of your neighbors to make you that apron. :D
Enjoy the family time!