Kindergarten Graduation

Rylan is officially no longer a kindergartner. He will be going into first grade at the end of July! He is very excited to eat lunch at school and have three recesses. I am not sure if he realizes just how long a whole school day is going to be, but he will figure it out. He loves school and loved his teacher Mrs. Jacobs this year. I loved her too, she was fantastic, very organized and structured and great with the kids. I was able to volunteer in Ry's class every Monday for an hour, and I learned a lot from her. Here is Rylan with his teacher at his kindergarten program.




This next picture is of our crazy sleeper Rylan, he is always all over the place and sometimes at night Scott and I hear a loud "BOOM" upstairs and we look at each other and laugh and say, "Rylan fell out of bed again!" It is a good thing his bed is low to the ground so he doesn't even wake up when he falls. This is why we have told him "no" to getting a bunk bed.


(this picture was really taken at night, my flash is super bright)


Last Saturday our Stake had a fun family 5K. Scott helped to organize it so he was at the finish line collecting times. I ran it with Madelyn in the stoller and Rylan was running with me at the beginning, yet he could not stay with me...he was running ahead of me! I didn't want to be rude passing people with my big stroller, so i kept telling him to stay with me. He got ahead and I gave him a hand signal to stop, but he must have thought I meant go ahead because he took off! I wasn't too worried because the course was clearly marked, but still it was a little scary. There was a point in the course where you turn around and run back so you are passing people who were behind you, well Rylan passed me and I grabbed him and said he had to stay with me from now on.

He started to whimper and said, "I want to finish the race!"
Then I said, "well you can finish it with me."
"But I want to go fast!" he said. ugggh I felt bad for him so luckily our 16 year old neighbor ran by and said that Rylan could finish the race with him, there was only about 1/2 a mile left, and I was only a couple minutes behind.

He finished the 5K in 28 minutes! We were pretty proud of him! He said that he could have finished faster except the neighbor he finished with needed to stop and walk. (haa haa) Who knew he would have such endurance? I thought I was going at a pretty fast pace, but apparently not fast enough for him. We gotta sign this kid up for more races!

Comments

Oh my gosh! I first grader??? how did this happend??? I want him to be in my class :)
That's amazing that Ry ran so darn fast!

I love the picture of him sleeping.... but the poor tiger he fell onto. lol!

Popular posts from this blog

Dare Essay winner

Grandpa & Grandma Young Visit

Rylan and the Beginning of Mission Prep